Is LotB set

Top ten tour setlists:
  1. World Slavery Tour (@ Hammersmith Odeon '84 setlist) - World Slavery tour was already a bang itself. Add in Murders In The Rue Morgue, 22 Accacia Avenue and Losfer Words and things get to a new level. Almost perfect.
  2. Edhunter - Although missing anthems such as Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Sign Of The Cross and Revelations the remainder of the setlist is amazing.
  3. Somewhere Back In Time - A mix between WST, SOT and STOAST can only be great . The only thing holding it back is the absence of more SIT material and lacking Infinite Dreams. I really don't mind them ditching Killers' stuff here since it was intended to be based mainly upon those 3 albums.
  4. Somewhere On Tour (@ Belgrade) - Excelent setlist (duh... it's based in SIT and features TLOTLDR). Missing Killers stuff though (once again).
  5. Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour (Maiden England '89 setlist) - All the 7th son goodies plus Still Life, Killers, DWYBO and The Prisoner... only major letdown is the absence of Powerslave stuff.
  6. Legacy Of The Beast - Amazing picks like FTGGOG, Sign Of The Cross, Aces High... but a Maiden tour with the word "Legacy" without any Killers and SIT songs? Plus no Phantom Of The Opera or Rime Of The ANcient Mariner? Ouch... If it wasn't for this this would be perhaps nº1.
  7. Beast On The Road (Beast Over Hammersmith) - Great setlist! No major misses here but hey.... they only had 3 albums back then.
  8. World Piece Tour (@ Amsterdam) - Another great setlist with gems such as Still Life, Prowler and featuring Phantom Of The Opera.
  9. Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead - Great setlist but completely ditching songs from Killers and The X Factor is a major letdown.
  10. A Matter Of The Beast - A mix of some of the best tracks out of AMOLAD and TNOTB... but once again no SIT stuff. Plus, tied with this one I would put A Real Live Tour (@ Barcelona) - The basis of Fear Of The Dark Tour plus Where Eagles Dare, Wasted Years, Prowler and Transylvania? Yes! Now this is a pretty good tracklist (only lowpoint was bearing with Wasting Love and From Here To Eternity... yuck!)

Curiously enough I've only went to 2 shows out of my top 10. Those were during the Somewhere Back In Time and Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead tours.

According to the Official Maidenfans.com Rankings, Legacy of the Beast is indeed the best setlist ever deployed:

1. Legacy of the Beast World Tour (2018-19)
Average Song Rating: 8.88
2. Somewhere Back in Time World Tour (2009)
Average Song Rating: 8.79
3. The Ed Hunter Tour (1999)
Average Song Rating: 8.78
4. Somewhere Back in Time World Tour (2008)
Average Song Rating: 8.73
5. A Matter of the Beast Summer Tour (2007)
Average Song Rating: 8.68
6. The Book of Souls Would Tour (2016)
Average Song Rating: 8.65
7. Brave New World Tour (2000-01)
Average Song Rating: 8.61
8. Maiden England World Tour (2012-13)
Average Song Rating: 8.61
9. Maiden England World Tour (2014)
Average Song Rating: 8.59
10. The Book of Souls World Tour (2017)
Average Song Rating: 8.54
11. World Slavery Tour (1984-85)
Average Song Rating: 8.53
12. The Final Frontier World Tour (2011)
Average Song Rating: 8.53
13. A Matter of Life and Death World Tour (2006)
Average Song Rating: 8.49
14. World Piece Tour (1983)
Average Song Rating: 8.41
15. Somewhere on Tour (1986-87)
Average Song Rating: 8.40
16. The Final Frontier World Tour (2010)
Average Song Rating: 8.40
17. Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour (1988)
Average Song Rating: 8.39
18. The X Factour (1995-96)
Average Song Rating: 8.39
19. Dance of Death World Tour (2003-04)
Average Song Rating: 8.35
20. Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead Tour (2003)
Average Song Rating: 8.34
21. Eddie Rips Up the World Tour (2005)
Average Song Rating: 8.22
22. The Beast on the Road (1982)
Average Song Rating: 8.16
23. Virtual XI World Tour (1998)
Average Song Rating: 8.14
24. Real Live Tour (1993)
Average Song Rating: 8.07
25. Killer World Tour (1981)
Average Song Rating: 7.78
26. Fear of the Dark Tour (1992)
Average Song Rating: 7.78
27. Iron Maiden Tour (1980)
Average Song Rating: 7.68
28. No Prayer on the Road (1990-91)
Average Song Rating: 7.54

The best setlists are the ones for BNW tour, World Slavery Tour and LOTB tour IMO.... but the ''Legacy'' stage design is one level up, although WST stage design is legendary. The setlist (and stage design) for TBOS tour was also great.

I really like all of the above tours....tough decision, but I'll have to go with the BNW tour setlist, because it will always remain a landmark for me.

Second (or third) AMOLAD as 'tour I'd most like to see'. LOTB is pretty good, though, I prefer it to Maiden England 2012-15 or whatever it ended up being.

Great setlist but NO WAY IN HELL a setlist that totally ditches Somewhere In Time and Killers material will get my vote.

Edhunter Tour and WST are perhaps my favorites.

WST ditched Somewhere in Time (obviously) and Killers (Wrathchild and Murders in the Rue Morgue were rarities on that tour) material too. :D

WST ditched Somewhere in Time (obviously) and Killers (Wrathchild and Murders in the Rue Morgue were rarities on that tour) material too. :D
As for somewhere in time i find quite hard ditchind something 2 years before it was created. As for killers my main concern is when you ditch material from at least two of my favorite albums. Plus, as you may noticed, I pinpointed specifically that Hammersmith Odeon show.

As for somewhere in time i find quite hard ditchind something 2 years before it was created. As for killers my main concern is when you ditch material from at least two of my favorite albums.

My comment was tongue in cheek. ;)

Plus, as you may noticed, I pinpointed specifically that Hammersmith Odeon show.

Which of the Hammersmith Odeon shows in particular? Because two of the shows did not feature any songs off Killers at all. :D

Wasn't that the only time all three songs were played at the same show? You would have been incredibly lucky to catch that one! :lol:
That's why I mentioned the rank was about TOUR SETLISTS (thus naming the venues/shows when relevant) and not AVERAGE TOUR SETLISTS (geeezzzz)

This is the setlist I mentioned earlier, it grades out at an 8.50 compared to the rest of the tour at an 8.40.

I think the average from Ed Hunter is being handicapped by having two extra tracks on it

Back