Is LotB set

The tour I most wish I'd seen live is the AMOLAD tour. Seeing them play a whole album live, especially an album that is that fucking good, would have been incredible.

The best setlist, in terms of songs I like, that's a hard one. Maybe the first date of the American TFF tour:

The tour I most wish I'd seen live is the AMOLAD tour. Seeing them play a whole album live, especially an album that is that fucking good, would have been incredible.

The best setlist, in terms of songs I like, that's a hard one. Maybe the first date of the American TFF tour:

God. I wish this was recorded somehow.

AMOLAD would've been cool.

I'll update when I actually see it, but on paper LOTB is definitely a candidate for best Maiden setlist. Maiden England, 2005 Early Days, and 2016 Book of Souls are close though. Those are just from ones I've seen. Ed Hunter and Brave New World tours had great setlists too.

TFF 2010 was interesting. It was a really great setlist for hardcore fans but I don't think it flowed very well. I'm really glad I got to see it and it was certainly unique, but there's something to be said for the flow and the energy levels of the setlists they've had the past few tours.

It was great getting to see 10 new songs at the gig, but, if you had avoided spoilers like me, the fatal flaw was as soon as they played the Pilgrim you realised that there would be no more surprises for the next 50 odd mins. I think a good gig really needs "I didn't expect them to play this!" moments.

I think the 2009 tour was one of their best, with 4 great epics (Rime, Phantom, Powerslave, Hallowed) plus a bunch of classics. 2008 was also very strong. I rank 2016-2017 setlists up there, too, because the Book of Souls material live was so powerful. I like the LotB setlist, but I don't think it's really that special. Sign of the Cross is a great epic, but Clansman and FtGGoG are weaker Maiden epics, in my opinion.

Great setlist but NO WAY IN HELL a setlist that totally ditches Somewhere In Time and Killers material will get my vote.

Edhunter Tour and WST are perhaps my favorites.

Last edited:
I mean it totally dunked on No Prayer, Dance Of Death, and Final Frontier too, and no one’s up in arms about that...

Back