Is it just me,or is TBOS tour even more epic than Powerslave '84 or SSOAST '88

without giving away any spoilers, can everyone basically agree that their stage presentation hasn't been this massive or detailed since their "first" prime in the 80''s?

I've only seen them twice I'm my life live in person once in 88 in New Orleans and again for the maiden England tour in Houston.

These YouTube videos that are popping up are giving me chills. I even purchased the MSG event shirt, the video was so compelling! Iron maiden forever!!!! And please to any maiden staff or higher ups reading this, PLEASE COME BACK TO NEW ORLEANS!!! It's been way too long my friends!
God Bless and Keep On Bringing It!

I agree - The Indiana Jones/Ancient Mayan vibe is pretty epic and memorable for a Maiden stage show. I'm glad they came up with something this cool late in their career. I remember the plain stages during NPFTD and thinking "man, I hope they go back to something better down the road". Most of the reunion stages have been cool, but TBOS kicks it up to PS/SIT/SSOASS level.

Moderator edit: Details of the stage set are considered spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I definitely agree. The AMOLAD was rather epic too but the show I attended last month was more along the lines of the Powerslave/Sowewhere In Time/Seventh Son of a Seventh Son era. It was quite elaborate.

I don't normally endorse fan shot videos, but for this tour, there are a lot of great ones on YouTube. For we the few (or many) who can't catch them live, definitely give the Sydney Australia show as well as Madison square garden a look. Full uncut shows with no editing. Australia is the closest thing to pro shot and is tremendous. Runners up would be Tulsa OK, Beijing, and others... Enjoy!

I completely agree that this is definitely their most amazing stage production since Seventh Son. It's just incredible and creates such an amazing atmosphere.

It is certainly their most elaborate stage production, but the mummy Eddie from the World Slavery Tour is still the best "big Eddie" (i.e., the unmanned version revealed during the song "Iron Maiden") ever.

Note to all: make sure any discussion of the current stage set and setlist within this thread is in spoiler tags.

Seriously, why not just move it to the spoiler thread?

Note to all: make sure any discussion of the current stage set and setlist within this thread is in spoiler tags.

My apologies for the transgression. I thought the basic stage premise had ascended to "common knowledge to anyone who follows rock online" as the stage setup has been well promoted through official channels on the band's official website, web adverts, and print advertising for the shows, I thought a generic/vague statement wouldn't necessitate the use of a spoiler tag. I can see the need for zero tolerance though so as to avoid a slippery slope.

It is one of their best even IMO ... my first three shows were Powerslave, SIT, and SSOASS ... this tour is right up there with them all around. Fantastic show all around

It depends on what you think when you say "epic tour". Yes, it's epic as a tour, but IMO it is not "the most epic" when you consider their previous tour. All of the previous epic tours had also some other element in them (attendance, album material, longevity of the tour, inovation etc.)

If you look at Powerslave tour what gave it a special "epic" effect is not only stage construction and setlist but also huge sucess in the USA and was a big step up for them. Somewhere on tour wasn't epic, at least for me - the stage production got bigger and complicated but that doesn't make it epic. What made 7th tour epic is the album itself. Somewhere Back in Time was also epic IMO, not because of the stage production and setlist, but the new way of "touring" (EF1, 20+ gigs across the globe in 2 months etc).

Except for the new material, BOS world tour isn't anything that Maiden haven't done yet/ haven't experienced yet. I don't consider this tour most epic but it definitely confirms their title of best live metal band today.

If you look at Powerslave tour what gave it a special "epic" effect is not only stage construction and setlist but also huge sucess in the USA and was a big step up for them.

That and the grueling 331 days, 187 dates "slavery" schedule. And that was traveled on the road mostly in buses. Biggest and most epic tour IMO

Back