Is Iron Maiden the biggest metal band in the world right now?

Actually, this isn't the Oxford comma. The Oxford comma is the one that is used after the penultimate item on a list and is recommended in order to avoid confusion or ambiguity. Compare:
- We invited the strippers, Trump and Putin.
to
- We invited the strippers, Trump, and Putin.
You are golden. I've been trying to figure out what an Oxford comma was this whole semester. :ok:

It is. Many people here have English as their second language at best. I am not a native speaker myself and I hope my many faults and errors will be generously overlooked.

Also - as Loosey wrote above - please notice that none of the moderators or ... well, other members give you a hard time because of the language.

Placing spaces after this: ,
and this: .
instead of before: international rules.

Using a small i every time is hard to bear especially when it is done by a 32 year old ,from whichever country in the world .

Last edited:
I hope it's Ok that I say my two cents here on the forum after a long time not writing at all. I do however read the topics quite often...
Maiden is by far the biggest band in the world, if the opinion is coming from musicians and fans. If you take the side of promoters and record labels or retarded Rolling Stone magazine American editors, then for sure Metallica.

Iron Maiden continues to be a niche type of music and Metallica is pop metal/rock. They have been doing this pop/metal formula with heavy guitars and Winnie vocals for 20+ years....
Their last album has one metal song, the rest is just a bunch of heavy sounding songs with pop vocals on top....I hate the black album, since it came out, I could never get into it. It's like I could feel there was something really fake about it...

Anyway, Maiden reigns as the true metal legends in the eyes of the true metal warriors of this world!

I hope it's Ok that I say my two cents here on the forum after a long time not writing at all. I do however read the topics quite often...
Maiden is by far the biggest band in the world, if the opinion is coming from musicians and fans. If you take the side of promoters and record labels or retarded Rolling Stone magazine American editors, then for sure Metallica.

Iron Maiden continues to be a niche type of music and Metallica is pop metal/rock. They have been doing this pop/metal formula with heavy guitars and Winnie vocals for 20+ years....
Their last album has one metal song, the rest is just a bunch of heavy sounding songs with pop vocals on top....I hate the black album, since it came out, I could never get into it. It's like I could feel there was something really fake about it...

Anyway, Maiden reigns as the true metal legends in the eyes of the true metal warriors of this world!
Never in my entire life full of rock-n-roll have I regarded Metallica, Guns and Rammstein rock'n'roll bands. Not everything that sounds heavy/hard is rock'n'roll in fact. They are pop music for me. All of them.

Metallica became "rock and roll" after Black, even they compared themselves to Beatles in interviews etc. In the 1990s. They actually never went full pop akin to November Rain (thank God for that), in Rammstein's defense I have to say they had dildos on stage 20 years before Miley Cyrus or whoever...

Did they compare themselves to the Beatles??? Come on that's BULLSHIT:D
Everyone wants to be the second Beatles, but no one is or will ever be.

I sincerely doubt any member of Metallica compared the band to the Beatles, other than in the sense of being a rock band. Definitely not in the sense of comparing the cultural impact because the Beatles are still bigger than everything.

Never in my entire life full of rock-n-roll have I regarded Metallica, Guns and Rammstein rock'n'roll bands. Not everything that sounds heavy/hard is rock'n'roll in fact. They are pop music for me. All of them.
I must agree that those bands are all a far-cry from actual "rock 'n roll" (the '50s kind), but that said, they all fall under the metal genre, with the exception of GNR (hard rock). I agree that they have had some poppy feels to their songs but that doesn't change their actual genre. :p

I mean, Maiden for instance is not a very heavy band when you think about it, they have a melody to their music and the guitars aren't nearly as heavy as just about anything from Metallica, possibly the same with Rammstein. That said, Rammstein uses a lot of stuff besides guitars that make them poppier than Maiden, but still, I think if one wants to call those bands pop Maiden would also fit under the bill.

Even if Maiden was pop though, I'd still love 'em. ;)

If Justin Bieber started growling and using heavy guitar riffs to his songs, this wouldn't make him a rock or metal star.

In Russia we have a special term for this - говнорок - which can be roughly translated as shitty rock. We use it for bands that can sound rock, but don't have the rock vibes

Back