Iron Maiden Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Hallowed reclaims the throne!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Thanks for hosting, Mosh! It was a lot of fun and this was my first Maiden Survivor since joining. :) Even though I wanted Powerslave to claim the top spot, I am happy that Hallowed got it in the end. It was a tough choice between the two. I'm also happy with the top 10 overall. Can't complain about where the songs ended up. Can't wait to do it all again next year!

Farce, definitely. 3 songs out of my Top 5 weren't even in the Top 10 (Starblind, To Tame a Land, Alexander the Great). Brighter Than a Thousand Suns should've been Top 10, Flash of the Blade definitely isn't the worst song off Powerslave, Rime should've been in the final matchup. Cheers for hosting!

It's a farce because Hallowed won. :p

The top 10 is still good, as much as I wanted Hallowed to not be top 10, it was always going to make it. I feel the only song that doesn't really deserve to be in the top 10 is Wasted Years. Wasted Years is like 5th from SiT alone. The rest of the songs, yeah I can see them in the top 10 even if only some of them are my favourites.

Things that died too early, Still Life, To Tame a Land, Stranger in a Strange Land, Caught Somewhere in Time, The Clansman, Blood on the World's Hands, The Unbeliever (that I can think of atm).

Things that died too early, Still Life, To Tame a Land, Stranger in a Strange Land, Caught Somewhere in Time, The Clansman, Blood on the World's Hands, The Unbeliever (that I can think of atm).
I think that's my problem with this survivor mostly, so many great songs died way too early. Obviously that's going to happen in a survivor but a lot of times great songs last awhile and lose to other great songs. Not great songs losing to far lesser songs. I had a lot of moments where I thought "wtf really? We're eliminating that song first?". Flash of the Blade is a good example of that. So is Alex and Stranger in a Strange Land. Also Moonchild.

That's the thing with everyone doing tactical voting, it gets specific songs to the top 10 and they're satisfied at the time, but once it gets to the end they realise how early certain songs went out as a result of not voting for "least favourite". Gotta make the choice, are you happy with the top 10 alone or do you want fair representation of all songs within their respective albums ^^

Thanks for hosting Mosh. Although Rime made a drop and the Somewhere in Time album is represented worse than previous year, I am still not unsatisfied with the results. The Seventh Son era comes in as second best, right after Powerslave, so my favourite three albums did not do bad altogether!

This survivor was a bit of a milestone in the history of the games.

Never before did a nineties song do so well, never before did the songs from the current line-up do so bad -what a drop DOD and Paschendale made!- and certainly never before did all songs from the last four albums do worse than a nineties song...!

Never before did Rime do so bad. But I think that this last one clearly suffered (extra) from the popularity boost of other long epics, namely Phantom and Seventh Son (this last one certainly made a huge climb!) which have been (will be?) in the setlist for two and possibly three years in a row, lately. But I don't expect Rime to come back; 2008-2009 will be longer and longer ago. In the end it will get back to its pre-Somewhere Back in Time tour popularity status, if it hasn't reached that by now already. Powerslave and especially Hallowed have always been popular, before, during and after that tour, although last year Powerslave had a little dip because it had to tolerate the 2003 epics and CSIT above him.

2013/2014:
1: Hallowed Be Thy Name
2: Powerslave
3: Phantom of the Opera
4: Rime of the Ancient Mariner
5: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
6: Infinite Dreams
7: Sign of the Cross
8: Dance of Death
9: Paschendale
10: Wasted Years

2012:
1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. Caught Somewhere in Time
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Paschendale
5. Dance of Death
6. Powerslave
7. Phantom of the Opera
8. Infinite Dreams
9. Sign of the Cross
10. Wasted Years

2010:
1. Hallowed Be Thy Name
2. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
3. Powerslave
4. Paschendale
5. Phantom Of The Opera

6. Revelations
7. Infinite Dreams
8. Aces High
9. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
10. The Clansman

2009:
1 (tie). Hallowed Be Thy Name
1 (tie). Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
3. Powerslave
4. Paschendale
5. Infinite Dreams
6. Phantom Of The Opera

7. Aces High
8. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
9. Brave New World
10. Ghost Of The Navigator

Last edited:
Anubis worked hard to get Powerslave to the top and almost succeeded. Time to return him to his tomb.
No shame in losing to Hallowed.

I was glad to see CSIT's reign at number two was a blip. Infinite Dreams continues to be overrated.
The rest are all worthy.

@Crimson, I wonder what the results would look like if we turned it into a reverse Survivor and voted for our favourites.
Thanks for hosting Mosh.

Back