Iron Maiden Survivor 2010 finished: Hallowed remains champion

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs

• Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor 2010: Powerslave round 1 (Sep 3-4)

I voted for

Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
Flash Of The Blade
Back In The Village

I confess that I like The Prisoner & Revelations less than Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) & Flash Of The Blade, but from a tactical point of view I won't waste my votes on these two songs, now. No use. Instead I rather "protect" other less popular songs which I happen to like.

Re: Iron Maiden Survivor 2010: Piece Of Mind round 3 (Sep 1-2)

Habberdasher said:
This is where the weakness of Survivor polls reveals itself. I would take every one of the songs still standing over ever song written post-Seventh Son. I really like a lot of the new stuff and I'm in favor of giving some of the 2000 and later songs a higher profile, but for me it's very difficult to beat the composition/energy/production of the 80s Maiden.

The top 2 of each album move on, mate. So 2 songs from EVERY album get a chance in the quarters and semis. That's not too bad.

Village and Losfer easy, Flash not so much

Children Of The Damned
Still Life
2 Minutes To Midnight

22 acacia avenue
losfer words
flash of the blade

Why is the title of this thread "Powerslave Round 1"?

What are the numbers next to each song title in the OP?

How many rounds are there? How many rounds have I missed already (this is my first)?

How is it determined which songs to include in the poll?

valacirca said:
Why is the title of this thread "Powerslave Round 1"?

What are the numbers next to each song title in the OP?

How many rounds are there? How many rounds have I missed already (this is my first)?

How is it determined which songs to include in the poll?

1. Because Powerslave is the latest album whose songs have been added to the poll.

2. The numbers in the OP are the number of rounds survived by each song, before it was eliminated.

3. There are enough rounds to eliminate all but one Iron Maiden song. Since 1 to 3 songs can be eliminated each round, that means a maximum of around 150 rounds. It will probably be much less.

So far, there have been 9 rounds and 22 songs eliminated.

4. I made the choice of songs. It's all studio albums (including Sanctuary and Total Eclipse) + Virus, but no b-sides this year.

Flight of Icarus
Back in the Village
Children of the Damned

Man just leave The Village alone....  what's it done to you?  "...fox among the chickens..." etc, just classic; come on, play fair!!  How about voting for Flash instead, eh??  ::)

SinisterMinisterX said:
1. Because Powerslave is the latest album whose songs have been added to the poll.
Ok, got that.

SinisterMinisterX said:
2. The numbers in the OP are the number of rounds survived by each song, before it was eliminated.
Ok, got that as well.

SinisterMinisterX said:
So far, there have been 9 rounds and 22 songs eliminated.
I see. So Iron Maiden was weeded-down to it's top songs... the Killers... then PoM... and so on and so forth?

SinisterMinisterX said:
3. There are enough rounds to eliminate all but one Iron Maiden song. Since 1 to 3 songs can be eliminated each round, that means a maximum of around 150 rounds. It will probably be much less.
I see. So, after were done getting TFF's top 2 songs, we enter the quarterfinals and vote on the top songs in the same manner?

SinisterMinisterX said:
4. I made the choice of songs. It's all studio albums (including Sanctuary and Total Eclipse) + Virus, but no b-sides this year.
I mean... how do you decide how the songs are grouped as they are added into the poll... but then again, I realized that this might not be that important :)

Thanks! I think I've got a good grip on the methodology/system now.

TTAL, LW(BO), FOTB.

FriendlyFire said:
Man just leave The Village alone....  what's it done to you?  "...fox among the chickens..." etc, just classic; come on, play fair!!  How about voting for Flash instead, eh??  ::)

Let's make it clear shall we? Flash destroys Village any day because Adrian Smith said so.

valacirca said:
So Iron Maiden was weeded-down to it's top songs... the Killers... then PoM... and so on and so forth?

We started with 19 songs from Iron Maiden and Killers. (Phantom was skipped, it is already in the Finals.) That 19 was reduced to 10, then 8 songs from The Number Of The Beast were added. (Hallowed was skipped, another that's already in the finals). 8 were eliminated, again getting down to 10 songs. Then Piece of Mind was added... by now you should have it. :bigsmile:

Re: Iron Maiden Survivor 2010: Somewhere In Time round 1 (Sep 5-6)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

Round 4.1 results:
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra), Back In The Village and Flash Of The Blade are eliminated.
The Duellists is promoted to the Quarterfinals, and 2 Minutes To Midnight is promoted to the Semifinals.

Somewhere In Time has joined the battle!

Deja Vu, Loneliness, Flight Of Icarus

Children Of The Damned
Still Life
Deja Vu

Heaven Can Die. As can Loneliness and Sea of Madness.

De Ja Vu is great. Leave it alone!

Back