IRON MAIDEN Song Used In Literature Class

A brave step. There are a lot of rogue scholars these days who will try to incorporate popular media into their lectures. Apparently, there is a course on video games and politics in my uni right now.

I used to do that in my classes but varied styles, so that everyone could relate. It works great, kids love it.
We also practiced listening comprehension through filling the gaps and open-ended questions for developing prediction skills. We used to watch YouTube videos with lyrics with bits and pieces hidden form view. We put lyrics in order to make sentences with beginner levels. Music is a teacher's heavy artillery and you can do anything with it.

Why didn't they come up with this sort of thing while I was in school? Yes I know, this is college courses but it would have made my high school time a lot more worth while and if they somehow applied heavy metal to math, I would have been golden!

A brave step. There are a lot of rogue scholars these days who will try to incorporate popular media into their lectures. Apparently, there is a course on video games and politics in my uni right now.

There is an ongoing trend. We see more and more of this, and I love it. The big question is - will the canon hold?

I used to do that in my classes but varied styles, so that everyone could relate. It works great, kids love it.
We also practiced listening comprehension through filling the gaps and open-ended questions for developing prediction skills. We used to watch YouTube videos with lyrics with bits and pieces hidden form view. We put lyrics in order to make sentences with beginner levels. Music is a teacher's heavy artillery and you can do anything with it.

Yeah, listening comprehension with music is always great. We did that once in Persian class with a terribly cheesy pop song, and it's become our theme song ever since. :D

I had a philosophy class where we would occasionally watch a Star Trek TNG episode, thought that was cool ... but a Maiden song would have been better

... and I will add the note that this is in Texas :)

When I was in sixth grade I had a teacher in English who liked everything from Kiss to Napalm Death. She used to come to classes wearing a t-shirt with a different band every day and was my idol. I made her write down the lyrics of every song I could think of. I believe she was a very formative influence to me. :lol:

Hmm... would this make for good listening comprehension?

Our English teacher played us Madonna. But apart fromt that she was one of the coolest, just a few years older than us.

Back