Iron Maiden song credits

Senjutsu and The Book Of Souls are the only albums since 1992 that do not feature a song written by three members of the band together.

- the first song written by three members (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) was ''Die With Your Boots On'' (after that were CIPWM and TETMD and for the reunion era albums).
Yes. This was more striking when The Book of Souls came out. Now we see the same.

Fear Of The Dark is the only album that do not feature a song written by Murray/Harris (in some way).

Ehh yes, but (big but):

- Senjutsu and Powerslave are with no writing credits from Dave and for The X Factor, The Number Of The Beast, Killers and Iron Maiden he co-wrote with Steve some of the bonus songs... with Paul and Clive too (for 1980 and 1982).

Yes. This was more striking when The Book of Souls came out. Now we see the same.

I suspect that 90% of the time that when a song has 3 writers it's a Smith/Dickinson song that they were stuck for a part and Steve came up with the part they were looking for.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if that was 100% of the time.

I suspect that 90% of the time that when a song has 3 writers it's a Smith/Dickinson song that they were stuck for a part and Steve came up with the part they were looking for.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if that was 100% of the time.

That is indeed the case, although they did not necessarily ask Steve to add a part in some occasions. For example, Adrian was not particularly keen on the middle bit that Steve added to Can I Play with Madness (Bruce, on the other hand, thought it lifted the song to another level).

Back