Iron Maiden & RnR HoF future chances?

Will Iron Maiden ever be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Killian

Prowler
Iron Maiden was listed as the #11 biggest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame snub by Consequence of Sound. What are the chances Iron Maiden makes it into the HoF in the future?

Who cares? The Rock and Roll hall of fame is a pretty meaningless accolade, and won't change how fantastic Maiden is for all of us fans.

If you look at some acts who have been inducted one may wonder if it is an achievement (or special) for any current or future inductee to join that list.

I've never regarded the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame as being of any sort of significance. None at all. It's something that plays absolutely no role in my view on rock music. And it probably wouldn't be even if the inclusion of artists was more objective. In my opinion, any sort of Hall of Fame is just a premise for pointless, hour-long pub arguments that lie somewhere between what the best beer is and whether you prefer blondes or brunettes.

In other words: It all comes down to a matter of taste. You cannot assess the significance of a band objectively.

I could argue, for example, that I think Venom should be inducted in the Hall of Fame. Venom are a very old band, and they have laid the groundstone to the entire genre of Black Metal. However, the next person could say that Black Metal is either just a subgenre of Extreme Metal (and that Extreme Metal itself is just a subgenre of Heavy Metal), or that it is in fact not music but noise, and that a band that founded a genre of so little significance to the rock world as a whole needn't be regarded. We would get into a heated argument about originality vs artistry, and in the end none of us would win and nothing would have changed. To me, this entire Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame thing is all about that and nothing else.

Someone needs to start the
METAL AND PROG HALL OF FAME.

Their slogan could be "Music With No Boundaries"
(or something like that).

So all the great deserving bands that
those (Rolling Stone Magazine) judges personally don't like
would get the proper recognition.

Maybe the guys from "THAT METAL SHOW"
could wrangle up a bunch of investors.

Meh, what's the point of having a hall of fame anyway?

They shouldn't even call it Rock and Roll when they induct non-rock artists in... They do have a kick ass museum. I'll give them credit for that.

Museums are cool. I went to the Grammy museum a couple years ago and they had a whole floor for heavy metal. It wasn't some exclusive hall of fame, just a collection of metal, from Sabbath to Maiden to Venom to Lamb of God. I'd much rather see stuff like that than some lame popularity contest.

I can see Maiden making it someday soon. Their music has been very influential and most importantly, it built a new level to the way that had been paved before them. Just like Metallica arguably created a new genre of metal, maiden did the same with their intricate melodies and creative songwriting... They are the real deal!
Although I agree with everyone here that it is really insignificant if they make it or not! Sure, it would be great for them and an honor, but, like other posts before mine, look at other acts they let in that are not true rock and roll!

The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame now has a fan poll on their website.
You may want to vote for Kiss, Deep Purple, or Yes from the potential 2014 inductees.

http://www.rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

Unfortunately,
there is still no mention of Maiden this year.

Thanks for the link! I just voted for Kiss... Again, cannot believe the nominations... LL Cool J?!! WTF?!?

As for Maiden, don't fret... Their time will come soon. They're still young compared to KISS and others... :)

I've never regarded the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame as being of any sort of significance. None at all. It's something that plays absolutely no role in my view on rock music. And it probably wouldn't be even if the inclusion of artists was more objective. In my opinion, any sort of Hall of Fame is just a premise for pointless, hour-long pub arguments that lie somewhere between what the best beer is and whether you prefer blondes or brunettes.

In other words: It all comes down to a matter of taste. You cannot assess the significance of a band objectively.

I could argue, for example, that I think Venom should be inducted in the Hall of Fame. Venom are a very old band, and they have laid the groundstone to the entire genre of Black Metal. However, the next person could say that Black Metal is either just a subgenre of Extreme Metal (and that Extreme Metal itself is just a subgenre of Heavy Metal), or that it is in fact not music but noise, and that a band that founded a genre of so little significance to the rock world as a whole needn't be regarded. We would get into a heated argument about originality vs artistry, and in the end none of us would win and nothing would have changed. To me, this entire Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame thing is all about that and nothing else.
I really enjoy blondes and brunettes equally. Sometimes they go good together! Beer, in general, is highly over rated, but it sometimes compliments the blondes and brunettes. I'll have to get back with you on Venom... I'm checking them out now! :)

If Deep Purple has not been in for years ... it is a joke. Very influential band, great music, who (born after 1970) did not learn to play Smoke on the Water on their guitar as their first song.

Very influential band, great music, who (born after 1970) did not learn to play Smoke on the Water on their guitar as their first song.

I know I did.

Hall of Fame is a joke with a severe bias towards American artists and American culture, hence the inclusion of many unrelated hiphop and R&B artists when there's no inclusion of some of the biggest names of rock like Maiden, Priest, Purple and many bands of 70s prog rock era.

Some early R&B artists, I am fine with .. I am talking about from the 50s and 60s as they greatly influenced rock .. but rap and stuff should have their own museum or they should rename the Rock and Roll Museum the Pop Music Museum

I vote for that overrated power trio from Canada who wear those silly robes.

Back