Iron Maiden on top10songs.net

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
Many of you here know that I am the owner of [a href=\'http://www.top10songs.net\' target=\'_blank\']top10songs.net[/a]. While performing database maintenance recently, I made a serious mistake:

All Iron Maiden Top 10 Lists on my site were accidentally deleted.

If you posted a list of your 10 favorite Maiden songs on my site before, it's gone. Please visit again and post a new list! As usual, all the votes will be added up to produce a fan-voted chart of Maiden's best songs.

Here's a direct link: [a href=\'http://www.top10songs.net/topsongs.php?artistid=1\' target=\'_blank\']Iron Maiden on top10songs.net[/a]

I have now been able to repair most of the damage. That is, I found a search engine cache which had most of the posted lists, and I have re-entered them into the database.

But in the meantime, here's something mildly interesting:
There are about 30 deleted top 10 lists which will remain deleted, and most of those come from members of the IMBB. With their influence largely removed from the top songs chart, we can now (maybe) find some differences between the preferences of Maidenfans members vs. IMBB members.

First, the top of the chart didn't change. It's still #1 Hallowed Be Thy Name, #2 Paschendale.

Many songs retained similar positions in the charts. Although the order has shuffled a bit, 9 of the top 10 songs remain the same. The major change is:
Children Of The Damned climbs from #14 to #9
Revelations drops from #6 to #17
So it seems Maidenfans prefers CotD and the IMBB prefers Revelations.

Four other songs had significant changes:

Infinite Dreams falls from #3 to #10
Sign Of The Cross falls from #11 to #19
(The IMBB likes these more than us?!?)

Afraid To Shoot Strangers climbs from #19 to #11
Dance Of Death climbs from #22 to #14
(We like these more than the IMBB?!?)

Without a heavy influence from the IMBB, these songs dropped off the top 25:
The Number Of The Beast, Stranger In A Strange Land, The Wicker Man, The Prisoner, Journeyman

Without a heavy influence from the IMBB, these songs entered the top 25:
Dream Of Mirrors, The Clansman, No More Lies, To Tame A Land, Caught Somewhere In Time

Looking at this data, I don't see any pattern. I wanted to draw some conclusion about Maidenfans vs IMBB, but I can't. So thanks for reading all this meaningless babble anyway. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Oct 16 2005, 10:58 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Oct 16 2005, 10:58 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]So thanks for reading all this meaningless babble anyway. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]120472[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Damn it, I want my 5 seconds back!!! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Is it me or does SMX just manage to advertise his [a href=\'http://www.top10songs.net\' target=\'_blank\']site[/a] everywhere on this BB.

No need PH, you just did for him. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The only problem with this is that I can't remember what I voted as my top 10; no doubt it will something completely different this time. [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Oh well....

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Oct 19 2005, 08:03 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Oct 19 2005, 08:03 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Is it me or does SMX just manage to advertise his [a href=\'http://www.top10songs.net\' target=\'_blank\']site[/a] everywhere on this BB.
[snapback]120653[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Usually, only in my signature. I only started this thread here because it affected posts that came from members of this forum.

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Oct 19 2005, 09:29 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Oct 19 2005, 09:29 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The only problem with this is that I can't remember what I voted as my top 10; no doubt it will something completely different this time.  [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Oh well....
[snapback]120660[/snapback]​
[/quote]
acrobat, your top 10 Maiden song list was recovered and put back in the database, so you don't have to worry about remembering it.

Remember, if you don't like your original list, you can change it on my site also.
Just log in and go to the Maiden page, and you can edit your list.

Back