Iron Maiden Musical

Cody Cameron

Godzilla Freak
Hey guys, a crazy thought came into my mind recently. Now I know that there are some bands that have had their songs used for musicals before (ABBA, Queen, etc.) But then I was thinking to myself, he Iron Maiden has a lot of songs you can connect to create a story, what if they were put together in the form of a musical? So then I asked myself; if there was indeed an Iron Maiden musical... what would it be about? What would the story be and what songs would be used to tie everything together? I know it's kind of a ridiculous idea, but I've actually given it some thought.

Using a lot of the more classic songs, I've kind of come together with a story about a young man, Eddie, who travels to the city in search of another life. There, however, he meets a girl named Charlotte (the Harlot) and becomes very in love with her. She likes him as well, but she is involved with a very bad crowd. Eddie tries to get her out of her job at 22 Acacia Avenue, but her boss decides that the young man must prove himself and due some dirty work before he lets Charlotte out of her contract, even if it means killing someone else. But Eddie can't do it. Seeing this as an opportunity, the boss frames Eddie for a murder and everyone is out to get him, claiming that he is also a satanist and a devil worshipper (since he enjoys heavy metal). He tries to claim Sanctuary, but soon Eddie is caught, found guilty, and even sentenced to death. But he can't die yet, he has to save Charlotte...

That's all I have soo far. What do you guys think? Please give some feedback. The songs I was thinking of would be.

- Another Life
- Charlotte the Harlot
- Revelations
- 22 Acacia Avenue
- Can I Play With Madness
- The Number of the Beast
- Afraid to Shoot Strangers
- Wasting Love
- From Here to Eternity
- Sanctuary
- Hallowed Be Thy Name
- Heaven Can Wait
- Running Free

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Points for imagination! ;)
But I'm not sure I'd like to see Maiden's music turned into light entertainment, to be performed on the West End next door to Viva Forever and Mamma Mia, and eventually regurgitated by amateur operatic socities and and as high school productions.

I am probably in a minority but I enjoyed the We Will Rock You musical, although I know that Queen's music fits it a bit more. I'd certainly go see a Maiden musical but it would be potentially very cheesey... I think it'd work better as a film soundtrack than a musical (although essentially the same thing) - in much the same vein as Queen and AC/DC have provided the entire music for films before. However are we talking writing music especially for such a thing or using existing songs only?

First and most obvious story to come to my mind was SSOASS just expanded a bit in terms of songs. There's plenty of room for a war based story too within existing material.

Oddly enough, the thing that jumped into my mind at once was Sing-along-a-Seventh-Son-of-a-Seventh-Son:D

Well they are. They're far better since the Reunion though. And Bruce is a fantastic lyricist.

Well, Fear of the Dark is a bit cheesy. And so is Wasting Love.

And Prowler. And Sanctuary. And Running Free. And Iron Maiden. And Wrathchild. And Another Life. And Innocent Exile. And Drifter. And Quest for Fire. And Sun and Steel. And To Tame a Land. And Caught Somewhere in Time. And Deja-Vu. And Alexander the Great. And Can I Play with Madness. And The Assassin. And Hooks in You. And Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter. And From Here to Eternity. And The Fugitive. And Futureal. And Wildest Dreams.

To name the obvious ones.

I wouldn't agree on all of those. But I guess if we go too deep into this, we'll discover countless degrees of cheesiness and we'll have to argue for days about where truly moving emotions finish and everything becomes cheesy. :p

Fear of the Dark

A bit.

Wasting Love.

A bit.

Yes.

Sanctuary.

A bit.

Running Free.

A bit.

Iron Maiden.

Yes.

Wrathchild.

No.

Another Life.

No.

Innocent Exile.

A little.

Maybe a little.

Quest for Fire.

Yeah... at least at the beginning.

Sun and Steel.

Very.

To Tame a Land.

No.

Caught Somewhere in Time.

Not at all.

Yes.

Alexander the Great.

Very.

Can I Play with Madness.

Not at all.

The Assassin.

Very.

Hooks in You.

I'm not even sure what they're about.

Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter.

What lyrics?

From Here to Eternity.

Very.

The Fugitive.

No.

Futureal.

Not at all.

Wildest Dreams.

Not really. So, I admit you do have a point with some songs, but the record really isn't all that bad.

I noticed you (Flash) mentioned a lot of songs from the first two albums, most I'd agree with. But even you didn't mention very many from the following albums. Even if I did agree with all of them, I still wouldn't say it's a big deal. Definitely not enough to call most Maiden lyrics cheesy.

Also, I wouldn't call TTAL and ATG cheesy as much as I'd call them poorly written and not very creative.

I only wrote the songs that I felt were "pure cheese". There are other songs with lesser amounts of cheesiness. The amount of cheesiness in the first two albums and the last two Bruce era albums is incredible. Perhaps I should've said "most Maiden song lyrics are cheesy or uncreative" because the exceptions to this sentence are far lower therefore it'd justify "most".

After Reunion band has gotten a lot better in terms of lyrics but they still occasionally feature cheesiness.

As far as i know, the only Maiden cheese was in Pietra Ligure, a place in northern Italy, in 22 August, 1984, at the local Football Stadium, and they're doing their jobs quite right because the cheese sales were very high. I think Bruce sold the most of it. Adrian Smith ate the most of it.

So everybody was happy at the end.

As far as i know, the only Maiden cheese was in Pietra Ligure, a place in northern Italy, in 22 August, 1984, at the local Football Stadium, and they're doing their jobs quite right because the cheese sales were very high. I think Bruce sold the most of it. Adrian Smith ate the most of it.

So Bruce sold most of the cheese to Adrian?

Okay I've only heard snippets of this show and always wondered, what was that whole cheese thing about?

Okay I've only heard snippets of this show and always wondered, what was that whole cheese thing about?

Bruces introduces 22 Acacia Avenue as "Iron Maiden" and was not happy with it. He then changes the lyrics in some songs, like 22, and run to the hills. I think it was because the crowd was very small in that particular gig.

Charlotte isn't it time you stopped this cheese shop?
Don't you ever think about joining the bakery?

lol

Back