Iron Maiden @ Fields of Rock, Biddinghuizen - Netherlands! 16 June 2007

Thanks for all the pictures and videos you lucky people who were at Fields of Rock! :ok:

P.S. Praises all round. ;)

True, the whole thing was great from start to finish plus the weather improved during the gig. Bruce even telling us, that he had "a word with the Rainmaker asking him no more rain for the rest of the festival". He almost got it right though. So that was an enthusiastic Maiden show with a clear sound (not too much wind) on real cool climatic conditions: you could even reach quite close to the first ranks without being crushed -because if i'm really tall by french standards, I consider myself a dwarf by dutch ones  :eek: - Was it due to the Graspop next week not that far away from FOR location, but there weren't that many people around, circa 8000 i'd say but still pretty noisy minus the ones on the sides who chose to relax on the grass and whose Bruce had a dig at. But the rest of us lads & lasses all voiced our pleasure as strong as we could. By the way, lovely guitar Mr Smith! And, yep for also beeing there at Bospop 2 years ago, the general atmosphere at FOR was more lively and the audience just remained perfectly awaken that time around :innocent:. And even if the surprises in the set list weren't as major as expected, still that was a nice Maiden moment to cherish for later on. Even if FOR was more or less my 33rd Maiden gig, I can't wait for those pyramids now! They'll be a dream came true after 20 years of watching those pictures of golden sarcophagi from yore in the centerfold sleeve of the Live After Death vynil edition and tour programs.

Downloaded an audio-bootleg of this gig. The sound isn't the best but it captures the atmosphere.

Here a part of his speech, about H&H. Sseems he didn't say anything about Ozzy, but it's obvious what he means! ->

…..How’s your day been? Had a good day today? And did you enjoy my friends Ronnie and Geezer and Tony and everybody earlier on, the old Heaven and Hells? Personally I think they should just fuck it, call it Black Sabbath and get it over and done with, there you are. Have to argue that with the powers that be, later on……

Back