Iron Maiden featured in a Sony High Definition TV-commercial

Really? Wow...no I haven't heard it...but you bet I'll be glued to the telly from now on :p

I was really surprised. Never heard or saw an advertising for a product (apart from the Maiden catalogue ;) ) with Maiden's music before!

As said it the topic, it was a commercial of Sony HD (High Definition). A lot of weird things going on. A dog in a car and a lot of floating things (all computer generated of course)  ;)

There was a voice presenting the product but clearly the first couplet and the chorus could be heard.

Where are you from, Forostar? I ask because I haven't seen the commercial here in the US. I'm guessing that you're somewhere in Europe, and it's a Europe-only commercial (or something like that).

Then again, I don't watch much TV. If it is airing in the US, I could easily miss it.

I'm not sure what to think of this. On one hand, I'm glad that Maiden is popular enough to sell products. On the other, I've never approved of long-established rock artists licensing their music to corporations. It's OK for new bands still trying to get initial exposure, but the old giants should know better.

I still haven't forgiven Pete Townsend for licensing "Amazing Journey" to a drug company.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Where are you from, Forostar? I ask because I haven't seen the commercial here in the US. I'm guessing that you're somewhere in Europe, and it's a Europe-only commercial (or something like that).

Netherlands, in Europe indeed. I am not sure if it's in other countries. I couldn't find it on internet yet. :/

SinisterMinisterX said:
Then again, I don't watch much TV. If it is airing in the US, I could easily miss it.

I'm not sure what to think of this. On one hand, I'm glad that Maiden is popular enough to sell products. On the other, I've never approved of long-established rock artists licensing their music to corporations. It's OK for new bands still trying to get initial exposure, but the old giants should know better.

I still haven't forgiven Pete Townsend for licensing "Amazing Journey" to a drug company.

Well, I know what you mean, but the name Iron Maiden isn't connected, nor do we see Bruce on a bench, enjoying his excellent Sony equipment ;)

Most viewers might not even know this music. "Can I Play With Madness" was perhaps selected because of the madness on the TV screen! :)

hahaha maybe they thought our subconsiousnes would pick up that line and register sony as a tv without vision :p
funny they took the effort to leave it out.

btw: i'm from the netherlands too, haven't seen it yet though. What channel was it on, if I may ask?

I saw it on Nederland 2. (our 2nd public channel)

I already heard from two friends in Holland that they saw it! ;)

just saw it :)

I must say it gave me a funny feeling hearing maiden on tv, kind of akward. Not in a negative way, just, well it made me feel happy too. Recognition at last :D :p

And I actually heard the line "Theres no vison there at all"
Or was it my maiden-brain filling it up for me?

Storm said:
And I actually heard the line "Theres no vison there at all"
Or was it my maiden-brain filling it up for me?

I must admit that I read somewhere else that they left it out. I guess my source wasn't as reliable as I thought.

IRON MAIDEN's 'Can I Play With Madness?' Featured In SONY Commercial - July 17, 2007 

IRON MAIDEN's track "Can I Play With Madness?" (from 1988's groundbreaking album "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son") appeared in new a Sony TV commercial as part of a huge campaign for High Definition TV. A TV adaptation of the spot for mass market in Slovakia can be seen here. -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1VuCh5dEWQ

The original commercial is available at this location. -->
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28i9n ... eriment-hd

Back