Iron Maiden at Ozzfest

A

Anonymous

Iron Maiden is still kickin ass after all these years. Saw them at Ozzfest at the Camden Waterfont (Tweeter) just outside Philadelphia Pennsylvania. It was truly a pleasure to here all the older songs and believe me...Bruce did an awesome job vocally. Steve Harris was beating the crap out of his fender precision with that signature hellish look in his eyes and the guitar harmonies just kept coming and coming. Dave and Adrian rocked. Janick (hope I spelled it right) gave some good rhythym and all and all it was just a perfect night outside of hometown Philadelphia. My only hope is that I see them again and again.

I was there, too!

It was a great show, but I would have liked for it to have been longer.

Revelations was the highlight of the entire day.

Where were you sitting? I was in section 201.

I'm really looking foward to seeing them again next year.

I will never get over the performances of The Trooper and Revelations! They were just sooo good!

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jul 21 2005, 03:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jul 21 2005, 03:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Glad you enjoyed it.
[snapback]112650[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Revalations was incredible! I started off with lawn seats but managed to get to the pit where myself and another Maidenhead (friend of mine) enjoyed third row for Maiden and Black Sabbath. So many people were going back in after Mudvane that it was simple to just walk right in to seat level, another quick hop of a small fence and PRESTO! third row pit. We didn't push for front row out of fairness to those that paid for it. But hey! third row ain't to bad. I gave all my energy to Iron Maiden. I had very little left for Ozzy until he dead-eyed me with one of those blue buckets of ice cold water. Man was that needed. Man i would love to see Maiden in the tower. Can we get a small venue out of those guys? I would pay top dollar for that ticket. Can anybody tell me how the new Bruce album is? The last one I bought is Chemical Wedding. Adrian shines on both Accident and Chemical. How's the new one?
Alright! enough of my Psycho Babble for now.

Sorry 7th son, I was actually trying to reply to Blade Runner (awesome movie).
But in response to you ...Thank You, I enjoyed it immensely.

i went to the show at the camden tweeter also. that was a GREAT show. too bad i was in the lawn. but i was at the rail. i was at the tweeter for a priest show last month too. not as crazy but rob kicked ass

[!--QuoteBegin-rehabmonster+Jul 22 2005, 10:09 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(rehabmonster @ Jul 22 2005, 10:09 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]i went to the show at the camden tweeter also. that was a GREAT show. too bad i was in the lawn. but i was at the rail. i was at the tweeter for a priest show last month too. not as crazy but rob kicked ass
[snapback]112761[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Went to the priest show too. Rob did kick ass.
Victim of changes...Beyond the realms of death! Who could ask for more!

I saw them in Hartford at the old Meadows (now called Dodge Music Theatre or something). It was awesome. Black Sabbath had a hard time following that show.

Thing that sucked though, was that the sound was off (you could only hear the bass) for Ides of March and Wrathchild, and the crowd booed them. Then they fixed the sound and it was amazing. After The Trooper, Bruce was like "Well, I guess the sound was broken? Well that sucks. I was singin' and everything, but you didn't hear a fuckin' word I said, huh? Well here we are, Iron Maiden, complete with microphone clicked on."

[!--QuoteBegin-metalmaniac666+Jul 22 2005, 11:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(metalmaniac666 @ Jul 22 2005, 11:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I saw them in Hartford at the old Meadows (now called Dodge Music Theatre or something). It was awesome. Black Sabbath had a hard time following that show.

Thing that sucked though, was that the sound was off (you could only hear the bass) for Ides of March and Wrathchild, and the crowd booed them. Then they fixed the sound and it was amazing. After The Trooper, Bruce was like "Well, I guess the sound was broken? Well that sucks. I was singin' and everything, but you didn't hear a fuckin' word I said, huh? Well here we are, Iron Maiden, complete with microphone clicked on."
[snapback]112806[/snapback]​
[/quote]Bad soundman huh? Sounds like the stage monitors were up. Bruce would have noticed it if they weren't. It' ashame you couldn't get those songs back. Well, there's always next time.

i saw them last night at ozzfest at PNC, New Jersey! best show ive ever been to. PERIOD. Maiden RULED that stage, I couldn't believe i got to the front, when my ticket was for a seat way in the back [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

all those other shitty nu metal bands at ozzfest can kiss my ass. they were god awful and a pain to watch. MAIDEN RULES.

[!--QuoteBegin-Squall3X+Jul 27 2005, 09:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Squall3X @ Jul 27 2005, 09:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]i saw them last night at ozzfest at PNC, New Jersey! best show ive ever been to. PERIOD. Maiden RULED that stage, I couldn't believe i got to the front, when my ticket was for a seat way in the back  [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

all those other shitty nu metal bands at ozzfest can kiss my ass. they were god awful and a pain to watch. MAIDEN RULES.
[snapback]113317[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Haven't any of these new bands ever heard the term "guitar harmony"?
Chunk da da Chunk da da Chunk was invented by Maiden and rules but every song needs intertwining melodies and harmonic invention. These nu metal dicks just don't get it. It's all about the lows and I for one am sick of it.

[!--QuoteBegin-metalmaniac666+Jul 23 2005, 03:03 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(metalmaniac666 @ Jul 23 2005, 03:03 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I saw them in Hartford at the old Meadows (now called Dodge Music Theatre or something). It was awesome. Black Sabbath had a hard time following that show.

[snapback]112806[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I was there too, I was laughing my ass off at Bruce's comments.
Best show I had seen since the Rush 30th anniversary tour.
My only complaint is "Running Free", that song just sucks
and the set ofcourse was too short. Hallowed be Thy Name
was the highlight for me.

[!--QuoteBegin-noparolefromerocknroll+Jul 22 2005, 06:20 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(noparolefromerocknroll @ Jul 22 2005, 06:20 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Can anybody tell me how the new Bruce album is? [/quote]
Fucking amazing!! Pick it up first chance you get!

Back