Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Curious fact about NPFTD album cover:

The first cover that does not follow the continuity of previous album covers, as Eddie no longer exhibits either his POM or SIT parts of the look - this idea was completely abandoned by the band after that.

Speaking of NPFTD album, I think ''Run Silent Run Deep'' would have made a great single artwork (and song too... the classic gallop and memorable chorus). Eddie as a submarine fighter (inside view)! LOTB game, it's your turn!

Curious fact about NPFTD album cover:

The first cover that does not follow the continuity of previous album covers, as Eddie no longer exhibits either his POM or SIT parts of the look - this idea was completely abandoned by the band after that.

Speaking of NPFTD album, I think ''Run Silent Run Deep'' would have made a great single artwork (and song too... the classic gallop and memorable chorus). Eddie as a submarine fighter (inside view)! LOTB game, it's your turn!
Kalata:
First of all, you can write two long paragraphs but you cannot write No Prayer for the Dying?
About the artwork, yep it looks that the band wanted a new begining for the second decade . As the musical direction, the art direction also goes wrong ( maybe the idea to rescue Eddie from the grave again was a Rod or Steve wrong decisions…)
I really like Eddie here but the bring your daughter artwork was a very ugly Eddie as Hallowed be thy name live a few years later.

Kalata:
First of all, you can write two long paragraphs but you cannot write No Prayer for the Dying?
This is just nitpicking. Why?
About the artwork, yep it looks that the band wanted a new begining for the second decade . As the musical direction, the art direction also goes wrong ( maybe the idea to rescue Eddie from the grave again was a Rod or Steve wrong decisions…)
I really like Eddie here but the bring your daughter artwork was a very ugly Eddie as Hallowed be thy name live a few years later.
The biggest problem of the cover is that they used the same idea from one of their most iconic albums and covers. They indeed wanted a new direction for Eddie in the 90's, but this started with FOTD cover. Rod said in an interview that they couldn't come up with a good idea together, so at the last minute they went with a very basic one. But that was because of the name of the album -

with:

''The Assassin'' (too similar to Killers)
''Fates Warning'' (could have been a really interesting cover)
''Run Silent Run Deep''
or even ''Tailgunner'' (similar to ''Aces High'', I guess)

it would have been better. Of course, the title of the album is perfect for it.

About ''Bring Your Daughter... To The Salughter'' and ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' live single Eddies, I can't agree.

This is just nitpicking. Why?
It’s just that I don’t know what’s the song or album you’re referring sometimes with all these acronyms. It’s annoying to me and more than once I stopped reading because of that. And it’s just a matter to write a few words more. Just that.

Back