Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

That whole image image is wrong and horrible... All these years waiting for a representation of Eddie like Alexander and the official one we've got is this awful piece
The sword could have been done better, but overall I think it's very good. It's not an official artwork/drawing, just a scanned backdrop made with CGI. Much better than the early 2000's CGI efforts.

Best Of The Beast compilation
Here's the mummy
ivqOswj.png

Maiden posted on their page #throwbackto Eddies - BOS and SJ. The ones with details from the booklets.

I doubt it's a hint to something, but BOS Eddie was with the jungle at night, maybe that would have been the original album cover with details (not with the green jungle). It's a curious little thought. I think it looks better with the green.

Btw, both albums are a new milestone for the band imo.

Attachments

• tbos.jpg
    tbos.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 25
I don't know if it was uploaded somewhere in the forum. Maybe the best recreation of Dance of Death so far. It stays true to much of the original concept. The Eddie is exactly the same, and the stage floor also maintains the same idea. Credit: Romulo Dias (@rdd.artwork).
Ugh, that it SOOO much better. Makes me sad we're stuck with the unfinished garbage we got.

Maiden posted on their page #throwbackto Eddies - BOS and SJ. The ones with details from the booklets.

I doubt it's a hint to something, but BOS Eddie was with the jungle at night, maybe that would have been the original album cover with details (not with the green jungle). It's a curious little thought. I think it looks better with the green.

Btw, both albums are a new milestone for the band imo.
If this was the record's cover (no matter if it was green or blue) it would be simply awesome. Perhaps they didn't risk it because it's too explicit and didn't wanted to go through a similar situation to The X Factor. Or Rod simply messed up once again. :p

I don't know if it was uploaded somewhere in the forum. Maybe the best recreation of Dance of Death so far. It stays true to much of the original concept. The Eddie is exactly the same, and the stage floor also maintains the same idea. Credit: Romulo Dias (@rdd.artwork).
MANEIRO!
IMO blows away the original cover (not that it is hard by any means). Anyways... was it you who did it (in other words are you Rómulo)? :D
Abraço de Portugal.

The Book Of Souls & Senjutsu -> original and the ''real'' covers with details (from the booklets)!

Which ones do you prefer more? I like the originals a lot, but I will always say the others.

View attachment 23992
As I said before the heart ripping Eddie from The Book Of Souls would be one of the best Maiden covers ever IMO.

When it comes to Senjutsu the official cover is really ok. Don't like much the inside illustration. That being said my favorite one from the lot is the back cover. The damn thing once again captures that menacing Killers like creepy grin. I simply love it!
616YiXD0UgL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

But were I to chose an Illustration with a background for Senjutsu, it would have to be one that isn't featured in the booklet (and somewhat tells me you like it):
E-1lc9dWQAUSmaS

Not too filled but excellent environment dynamics and pose. Plus lightning hiting good old Ed is always a must! :)

Last edited:
If this was the record's cover (no matter if it was green or blue) it would be simply awesome. Perhaps they didn't risk it because it's too explicit and didn't wanted to go through a similar situation to The X Factor. Or Rod simply messed up once again. :p
This is a possible reason, yes. Maybe marketing too (better cover in the booklet). I agree that the jungle cover would have been great, especially with its colours, although the pyramid (but bigger one) & the jungle could have been more detailed. Btw, Rod prefers covers with details.

For TBOS, the other artwork from the booklet would have been very good too:

tbos eddie.jpg
When it comes to Senjutsu the official cover is really ok. Don't like much the inside illustration. That being said my favorite one from the lot is the back cover. The damn thing once again captures that menacing Killers like creepy grin. I simply love it!
616YiXD0UgL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

But were I to chose an Illustration with a background for Senjutsu, it would have to be one that isn't featured in the booklet (and somewhat tells me you like it):
E-1lc9dWQAUSmaS

Not too filled but excellent environment dynamics and pose. Plus lightning hiting good old Ed are always a must! :)
I prefer the Samurai with the helmet, without it it's a bit similar to BOS Eddie. The inside artwork (the bright one with the Pagoda) is one of my all time favorite artworks of the band. The details are very important for me. I also love the ''rain artworks'' of the Samurai (one of my favorites too), amazing settings, it's just that I want a bright cover of a Maiden album again. But I have to say that the original covers of both albums are very striking, especially TBOS.

The backdrop with TFF album cover for the 2011 tour had an artwork that is slightly different (in terms of the drawing) than the actual album cover - it's mostly noticeable in Eddie's head and the moon.

Attachments

• tff tour.jpg
    tff tour.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 19
SJ album cover with the background from the booklet artwork:
I will take every opportunity I can and flex with this

The Future Past - the tour with some of Maiden's best posters! Both Eddies & scenes look amazing in the 2024 one (in the 2023 one they look so thematic and cool too)!

tfp tour.jpg

Mix:
sj.png sit.png

^Btw, I would love to see such art for every single Maiden album.

Last edited:
Back