IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: TIEBREAKER

vote for your LEAST favorite album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care what the isolated tracks sound like as long everything sounds fine together. I like NOTB's production.

The recent vinyl master is a bit bland though. Not sure if the original sounded that way but the early CD sounds great to me.

Is this the 1 year itch?
One has been celebrated as a classic record for 34 years, the other has been out a year. The latter is winning. Go figure

Ask me in 34 years... I might not even will have listened to Maiden in quite some time, but I'm pretty sure my answer's going to be the same.

Many albums have been "celebrated as a classic," but the popular opinion has its flaws.

For what it's worth, NOTB is probably my least favourite Maiden album, probably even below Killers, Hallowed and Prisoner (and maybe 22AA) notwithstanding.

So hard to choose here.
SIT is better, not because of the MIDI, than POM. In my POV.

^The virus called online language.

Apart from the over all sound of SIT which I don't like,
I have only one track from SIT in my top 25 (Alexander at 19), I have two from POM in top 25 (Revelations at 6, Where Eagles Dare at 17) both higher ranked than Alexander.

2 other SIT tracks I rank as very good:
Wasted Years
Stranger in a Strange Land

But 4 POM tracks at very good:
Flight of Icarus
Die with Your Boots On
The Trooper
Still Life

It's not even close, POM is a clear winner in my book.

Yep, the newbies have negative opinions on Somewhere in Time and the nineties. Let's hope it changes again, in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back