Iron Maiden albums (CDs) pressings with best sound quality

Pilau, NPFTD has less clipping and the overall sound has much better aligned frequencies; Jan's guitar tone on solos sounded always piercing to me ears and on this version, this annoying high end was put back on its correct range spectrum. FOTD sincerelly doesn't have much difference, but I'd say the sound a bit more 'all over the place', more free, but still big as the album's original sound. TXF sounds fuller, the instruments are better defined, but you can also notice how the guitar sound on the album is really bad for Maiden standards; in other words, you can see all the good and bad about The X Factor sonic value. VXI sounds fuller too, with more reverb, I feel; I quite like it.

Any japanese CD pressing has a superior technology to the other country pressings. The CP-32 aren't remasters, but I consider them to be remasters over the other first pressings 'cos the quality is top notch, and really the best sound one CD could ever get, even it being released on February 1987, you could see for yourself how mind blowing the sound spectrum are on every one of them. From NPFTD up to TFF they are first pressings, too, but given the quality of the Black Triangle ones, they also are manufactured on top notch equipment; I still didn't listen to BNW, DOD or AMOLAD from japanese pressing and given how things changed quite a lot in the last 10 or 15 years, maybe the differences aren't that noticeable, anymore.

Jeffmetal said:
you could see for yourself how mind blowing the sound spectrum are on every one of them.
Absolutely.

Thanks, Jeff. This is a lot more clear now. So I should opt for at least get the CP-32 releases for albums up to SSOASS which I already downloaded and also FOTD. If I'd like to invest some extra effort, also NPFTD, TXF and VXI. Thanks man.

No, prob, man. :ok: Also, TXF and VXI are 2 cd sets. Actually, if you got money enough (don't need to be all in one tackle, but you decide it, actually), get all the CP-32 for the first 7 albums, then first pressings for NPFTD up to TFF; and by the way, if you get BNW, DOD, AMOLAD and TFF from japanese pressing, please, upload them in loseless format with all the artwork on avax!!! :D

UP THE IRONS!!! ALWAYS... :edmetal:

Jeffmetal said:
by the way, if you get BNW, DOD, AMOLAD and TFF from japanese pressing, please, upload them in loseless format with all the artwork on avax!!! :D
There will be absolutely no need for that - after some deep researching I have found them for free on a huge high-speed Russian sharing hub! Thank you Google translator! :bigsmile:

UP THE IRONS! :edmetal:

Jeffmetal said:
No, prob, man. :ok: Also, TXF and VXI are 2 cd sets. Actually, if you got money enough (don't need to be all in one tackle, but you decide it, actually), get all the CP-32 for the first 7 albums, then first pressings for NPFTD up to TFF; and by the way, if you get BNW, DOD, AMOLAD and TFF from japanese pressing, please, upload them in loseless format with all the artwork on avax!!! :D

UP THE IRONS!!! ALWAYS... :edmetal:

Jeff, I may be able to upload those at some point for you.  But those albums, DOD and AMOLAD in particular sound really similar.  I also have the DVD-A of DOD, don't know if you have ever heard that one.  Obviously that version makes a huge difference. I can try and upload the stereo 88.2/16 version of that as it's under a gig, but the 5.1 audio is over 3 gigs so that one may be tough.

Well Twarkle, I am very interested in the DVD-A version of DoD. Though I heard it's mixed two 5.1? Is that right?

What have I told you guys about sharing copyrighted links? Don't. Bloody. Do it.

Twarkle said:
Jeff, I may be able to upload those at some point for you.  But those albums, DOD and AMOLAD in particular sound really similar.  I also have the DVD-A of DOD, don't know if you have ever heard that one.  Obviously that version makes a huge difference.

Where can you find the DOD DVD anymore?  Is it even for sale?

pilau said:
Well Twarkle, I am very interested in the DVD-A version of DoD. Though I heard it's mixed two 5.1? Is that right?

5.1 and stereo are both available on the disc.
chaosapiant said:
Where can you find the DOD DVD anymore?  Is it even for sale?

I think it's tough to find, I'll try and send a copy of that along with your other discs.  :)

Twarkle said:
5.1 and stereo are both available on the disc.
I think it's tough to find, I'll try and send a copy of that along with your other discs.   :)

You rock me. Is the stereo version identical to the CD/regular audio version, or is it still superior?

Thanks pilau. I'm sure you guys can discuss anything you need to via email, right? :)

chaosapiant said:
You rock me. Is the stereo version identical to the CD/regular audio version, or is it still superior?

Superior.  CD sample rate is 44.1 the DVD-A is 88.2 and the 5.1 is 24 bit as well.

Hey, Twarkle, a great friend from Brasil burned me a copy of DOD DVD-A like 4 years ago, and I actually never sat down to listen to it properly and I was inclined to do that on DOD day on my Maiden marathon, yesterday, but I just played the regular original CD. I'll do it pretty soon and thanx very much for the offering, mate. :edmetal:

Hum... Nothing against you personally, cornfedhick, but I take that you never ever asked a friend to pass a vinyl onto a cassette for you, back in the 70's/80's?

It's the same old, same old way, it's just the media format and the access that changed. I can't take this hypocrital jab.

Not to mention that the DVD-A is out of print, and only used copies can be found.  At least that's all i've found looking for it myself.

Back