Iron Maiden 1998 Remasters and 2002 Remasters.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
My Iron Maiden CD collection comprises of a few 1998 remasters and a few 2002 remasters. Can you MaidenFans tell me if there is any difference in the sound quality of the 1998 and the 2002 re-masters? Which one of them is better than the other? Thanks

If you posted this in the Maiden Chat forum, maybe someone will tell you.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Sep 11 2004, 09:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Sep 11 2004, 09:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]If you posted this in the Maiden Chat forum, maybe someone will tell you.
[snapback]86340[/snapback]​
[/quote]
We are...... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-jr123+Sep 13 2004, 07:12 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jr123 @ Sep 13 2004, 07:12 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]We are......  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]86472[/snapback]​
[/quote]

If I'm correct, it's the same CD only re-released for 2002. All mine are 2002 remasters and it says on the back page of the booklet where it has credits etc. "Remastered by Simon Heyworth at Chop 'em Out, 1998."

So there you go.

hmmmm, 2002 rememasters.....I didnt know anythin bout these.
Maybe it just means Bridgend (were I live) is Bollocks!

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Sep 20 2004, 11:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Sep 20 2004, 11:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]floydrocks is right. It's basically the same CD in a "vinyl replica" sleeve. No sound difference at all
[snapback]87061[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hi MaidenFreak!! I don't have the Vinyl Replica Sleeve CDs. I have them in regular jewel cases. Are these the same as the 1998 releases?
The reason I ask is when labels "Remaster" their CDs, they make them very loud thereby ruining the sound quality. This is true. I know what I am talking about.
Every subsequent remaster tends to get worse than the previous one. So, if the 2002 releases are the same release as the 1998 ones, then I can feel happy that they are at least not ruined further. The original releases rock though!!
Thanks.

Hey guy, you must be insane... Early CDs have an awful sound... until the end of the 90's (if I remember) all CDs were still awful... no bass, only treble...
Today, is impossible to hear a CD that's not remaster and not want your old LP's back...
The 1998 remasters are VERY GOOD...

[!--QuoteBegin-rohangc+Sep 21 2004, 06:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(rohangc @ Sep 21 2004, 06:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hi MaidenFreak!! I don't have the Vinyl Replica Sleeve CDs. I have them in regular jewel cases. Are these the same as the 1998 releases?
The reason I ask is when labels "Remaster" their CDs, they make them very loud thereby ruining the sound quality. This is true. I know what I am talking about.
Every subsequent remaster tends to get worse than the previous one. So, if the 2002 releases are the same release as the 1998 ones, then I can feel happy that they are at least not ruined further. The original releases rock though!!
Thanks.
[snapback]87165[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Here is a pic of a Vinyl Replica out of my collection:
[img src=\'http://otte.us/maidenaustria/maidenpics/collection/cd_album_pom_rerelease.JPG\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

So are you guys absolutely positive that the CDs weren't remastered AGAIN in 2002? Once is tolerable. Twice might be overkill. Please let me know. Thanks.

Back