'invasion'

A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Invasion' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'invasion'

A fairly average song, but one of the first dealing with historical events. Musically it's pretty straightforward, the lenghty guitar solos are cool, but otherwise there's not too much to it I think.

'invasion'

I think that song would have done good as an instrumental. Paul is a bit in a rush at points. Anyway, the chorus is not as weird as the one from Invaders! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
a good b-side, 3,5 stars

'invasion'

One of the best ones on this album. I love the lyrics and the drive, as well as the superb changes of rhythm.

This song is quite good (the soundhouse tapes version), but the one released on the Women in Uniform is, in my opinion, awful; too fast, sounds like it`s speeded up.

Soundhouse Tapes: 3.12 minutes
Women in Uniform: 2.38 minutes  :blink:

That's what Clive gave to Maiden songs: energy, speed, passion ... If you listen the 1979 Music Machine bootleg with Doug Sampson you can check it with songs like Wrathchild.

Not a big fan of this song, glad it wasn't on the album. Clive does a brillant job thought

5/10

It's an okay song, but terribly dated, and Di'Anno's just not up to scratch. I do, however, love the drums. Still only a 5/10 though.

Amazing straight to the throat punk infused metal... should have been featured in the record with Sanctuary (9/10)

Amazing straight to the throat punk infused metal... should have been featured in the record with Sanctuary (9/10)

Completely and utterly agree with ya, buddy. Sadly it was relegated to b-side material, much like Totla Eclipse except the latter was added to the 98 remasters.

Yup... Total Eclipse is also a great song that clearly deserved to be on the album while Gangland is the obvious B side

'Invasion' was written by Steve on the early months of 1978 and quickly became a crowd favourite (remember that Keith Wilfort second home-made T-shirt was an elaborate Invasion T-shirt). Steve must have thought it represented the sound of the band at that time since it was chosen to be featured on what later became The Soundhouse Tapes. Strangely enough the song completely disappeared from the set list once the 80's started and it only resurfaced in this re-recorded version and as a B-Side.

Like to know more info like this? Get my book by subscribing at https://www.subscribepage.com/luisma666

Fun song from the very early days of the band. Great drumming (and scream). Nice melodic harmonies too.

I think the decision was right to not include this song in the debut album.

Great song for sure, but also really doesn’t fit any album. Should definitely be more out there for people to hear this interesting piece of Maiden history. Gotta love Clive’s intro!

Back