Interviews with Bruce...

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can find some interviews with Bruce dating from his departure from the group to the end of the Blaze years. I am interested in his opinions of the band and the two albums released during this period.

I have also heard he said some rude things about the band and the X Factor album.

Thanks

[!--QuoteBegin-Sign of the Cross+Jun 8 2004, 03:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Sign of the Cross @ Jun 8 2004, 03:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Does anyone know where I can find some interviews with Bruce dating from his departure from the group to the end of the Blaze years.  I am interested in his opinions of the band and the two albums released during this period.

I have also heard he said some rude things about the band and the X Factor album.

Thanks [/quote]
all i know in terms of this, is that when he was asked to comment on Virtual XI, he said he wouldn't out of respect for the band members.

.....BURN! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You have to remember, Bruce at that time was still very pissed off with Steve. He said a lot of things he likely didn't mean. Now, he's said he's honoured to sing Blaze-era stuff. And he puts a decent spin on it, although he just can't do them perfect justice.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 9 2004, 06:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 9 2004, 06:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You have to remember, Bruce at that time was still very pissed off with Steve.  He said a lot of things he likely didn't mean.  Now, he's said he's honoured to sing Blaze-era stuff.  And he puts a decent spin on it, although he just can't do them perfect justice. [/quote]
yeah thats true.

In my opinion, when Bruce sings the Clansman and Lord of the Flies, he just puts Blaze to shame. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think he butchers Sign of the Cross, although he's not so bad on The Clansman. No idea how he was on Lord of the Flies...and apparently Futureal got him tongue-tied.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 9 2004, 02:38 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 9 2004, 02:38 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I think he butchers Sign of the Cross, although he's not so bad on The Clansman.  No idea how he was on Lord of the Flies...and apparently Futureal got him tongue-tied. [/quote]
oh man he's amazing on lord of the flies. he sings the chorus an octave higher than blaze does. if you want i could send you an mp3 from this concert on the DOD tour, radio broadcasted, great quality. Lord of the flies is my favorite track on the show, just because bruce sings it so good its like it GRIPS you.

I'd rather have Bruce singing 'Sign of the cross', 'The clansman' or 'Lord of the flies', but Blaze was slightly better at 'Futureal' and 'Man on the edge'.

when i first heard lord of the flies in paris , i was like... [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] bruce has made this song a classical they must do at every show now [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-GhostofCain+Jun 10 2004, 07:52 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GhostofCain @ Jun 10 2004, 07:52 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] , but Blaze was slightly better at 'Futureal' and 'Man on the edge'. [/quote]
was it because those songs require faster singing which i dont think bruce can do.

I'm probably gonna get killed for this, but Bruce plainly sucks on more or less every Blaze era song he sings on. Blaze couldn't handle The Trooper very well, but Bruce slaughters Sign of the Cross, and in some ways also The Clansman.

Anyway, the RIR version of The Clansman is ruined by the awful cut and paste that has been done. Listen to the first "Freedom" lines. You can hear they've been pasted at the original, and on the fourth one you can even hear Bruce scream in the background!

Oh, I'm aware of that...I have a bootleg of the concert. H sings the first 3 "Freedom!"s in the background, and Bruce screams on the fourth. Steve took Bruce's last wail and superimposed it (pretty badly) on H. You can still hear Adrian in the background, though.

Many songs from RIR were pretty much ruined by this, and that is what sets me off from thinking it's Maiden's best live album. Another examples are Brave New World, where they even messed up the lyrics as well as giving it a silly feel. The first chorus of Fear of the Dark is also destroyed. There's also some simpler mistakes on there, not so obvious, like the fact that sometimes a guitar disappears for a few seconds and then comes back, and (as AM pointed out in some dead topic from 2002, couldn't have heard this by myself), in the very beginning of Blood Brothers, Nicko repeats the third drumbeat, so there's five drumbeats instead of four, due to some bad mixing.

im sorry but i dont worry about TINY things like that. i mean honestly like background screams being superimposed, like who cares. as long as it sounds cool, i like it.

I don't think it ruined the album. I think it makes it a little annoying.

And Shadow? Your signature? That's not just one person from the IMBB.

[!--QuoteBegin-Atvarussmak+Jun 10 2004, 05:03 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Atvarussmak @ Jun 10 2004, 05:03 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] was it because those songs require faster singing which i dont think bruce can do. [/quote]
Sure he can. "Heaven Can Wait" or "To Tame A Land" come to mind, or "Murders In The Rue Morgue" from the Palladium show in '82 and other boots. But I'll agree that Blaze was better on "Futureal".

Back