Initial Favorites Off Senjutsu

What are your initial favorites from Senjutsu?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No less than 28(!) out of 32 people go for The Parchment. I don't think this forum ever had such a clear favourite on a new album, with such a difference.

In 2003 we had Paschendale and Dance of Death, but the differences between these were smaller. Other albums had probably even more variation of preferences.

No less than 28(!) out of 32 people go for The Parchment. I don't think this forum ever had such a clear favourite on a new album, with such a difference.
To be fair with the multiple votes it's not necessarily all 28 peoples absolute favourite, but it's still a mad statistic (and surprising to me as I still don't get the song).

Stratego was and still is a massive favourite for me, but Pakrement is definitely my pick of the new Harrisepics. Dare I say the Maiden epic to end all Maiden epics? It's got everything going for it, and the whole thing flows a lot better than Hell On Earth in my book. It even winds up like a show closer with mini encore.

To be fair with the multiple votes it's not necessarily all 28 peoples absolute favourite, but it's still a mad statistic (and surprising to me as I still don't get the song).
Well alright, still the biggest common favourite at this point at least.

Last edited:
Darkest Hour was about the third one to grow on me. Most of the album has landed for me now. Having three long Stevesongs together makes the album quite heavy going, especially on first listen. I suspect they couldn't have put the tracks in any other order, it wouldn't have worked at all. There's only two songs on the whole album I don't think I'll do a lot of listening to now.

Back