Initial Favorites Off Senjutsu

What are your initial favorites from Senjutsu?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whooten

Ancient Mariner
What are you initial favorite songs after your first few listens to Senjutsu? I'm only keeping this open a couple weeks and you can't change your vote--initial impressions only!

Darkest Hour is the clear best.

Senjutsu, Stratego, TWOTW, DOFP and HOE are all great.

LIALW and TTM are flawed but fun. DOTC is OK. Not big on The Parchment.

Senjutsu, Stratego, TWotW, The Parchment and Hell on Earth are my instant favourites. Would be tough to put them in order, but Stratego is my #1 right now.

The Time Machine and LiaLW are growing fast. Both fantastic. Slight edge to The Time Machine. DoFP just below these two

DotC is my definite least favourite at the moment and that wasn't the case after the very first listen. Initially, it was Darkest Hour, which is now my second least favourite (even though I think it's a decent track).

The Parchment ended up being the last song I heard from the album and it is my runaway favorite. Reminds me a lot of To Tame a Land. The solos are all great, there are parts that are repetitive, but they don't feel like doing math homework.

The Darkest Hour is #2 for me. Sounds more like a Bruce solo song with some Wasting Love thrown in. I think they have been trying to do this song for decades (Wasting Love, Journeyman, Out of the Shadows, Coming Home, etc), but this time they finally nailed it!

I also like Stratego, Days of Future Past and Senjutsu. The first two are ripe with the Maiden gallop and efficiently done. The sound of the drums and the anthemic chorus of the title track are brilliant.

The only song I really don't like is Death of the Celts, but that jig in the middle sure is fun!

I picked my 3 favourites after a few spins: Stratego, Hell On Earth and offcourse the brilliant The Parchment.

Darkest Hour so far my favourite, followed closely by the title track, and then probably TWOTW and Hell on Earth

The Parchment is my clear favourite, followed by Hell on Earth and the title track tied for second place. No tracks stand out negatively, but Lost in a Lost World is probably the one I listen to the least.

Stratego, Days Of Future Past, Darkest Hour, Death Of The Celts, The Parchment and Hell On Earth... the title track too.

I could almost vote for the whole album. I loved the singles, the highlights after my first listen were Days of Future Past, Darkest Hour, The Parchment and Hell on Earth, and in the last day or so Death of the Celts has really grown on me. I'll go with the four from my first full listen.

Back