In search of awesome instrumentals

____no5

Free Man
Title says all. I'm in quest of beautiful & inspiring instrumentals, no matter the genre, lots of them, feel free to offer me your suggestions.

Pain of salvation have a few awesome instrumentals. Dryad of the woods is very beautiful, from the amazing Remedy lane album. The title track also is a good instrumental, before Waking every God. And Falling from The perfect element. The first few tracks from BE have spoken words, but they are otherwise instrumental and they are awesome as well.

Pagan’s mind have an album called Celestrial entrance, the intro is superb, and the two instrumentals Back to the magic of childhood works really well.

The two Ayreon intro tracks on the Universal migrator albums are also very good. One slow, beautiful song that rips Pink floyd, and one power metallish heavy track.

Some other:
Einherjer - Einherjermarsjen
Mayhem - Silvester Anfang
Running wild - Highland glory
Slash & the conspirators - Safari inn
Nightwish - Last of the wilds
Wintersun - When time fades away

Pain of salvation have a few awesome instrumentals. Dryad of the woods is very beautiful, from the amazing Remedy lane album. The title track also is a good instrumental, before Waking every God. And Falling from The perfect element. The first few tracks from BE have spoken words, but they are otherwise instrumental and they are awesome as well.

Pagan’s mind have an album called Celestrial entrance, the intro is superb, and the two instrumentals Back to the magic of childhood works really well.

The two Ayreon intro tracks on the Universal migrator albums are also very good. One slow, beautiful song that rips Pink floyd, and one power metallish heavy track.

Some other:
Einherjer - Einherjermarsjen
Mayhem - Silvester Anfang
Running wild - Highland glory
Slash & the conspirators - Safari inn
Nightwish - Last of the wilds
Wintersun - When time fades away

Thanks a lot of material to check out :)

I expect you've probably already heard it but it's my favourite instrumental ever and it's not particularly close.

Santana has a lot of great instrumental songs like this: Europa, Moonflower, I love you much too much, …

I just recently discovered Clouds Taste Satanic and really dig them. Long doomy instrumental only tunes.

They have samples on their Band Camp page.

Many Vangelis albums are brilliant. Some of my favorites are:

Antarctica
Direct
The City
1492: Conquest Of Paradise
Blade Runner
Mythodea

George Lynch's Seamless is excellent, and his Guitars At The End Of The World is great.

Early Joe Satriani is good stuff, with The Extremist being my favorite from that period.

Oli Rossow's Now Or Never is like classic Satriani with some neoclassical undercurrents and more interesting rhythm work.

Yngwie Malmsteen has many great instrumental tracks peppered throughout his discography, though his Concerto Suite album is fully instrumental and has him playing with a full orchestra.

Back