IMPORTANT: MUST READ

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
Dear members,

I know the following post will appear superfluous and patronising to most of you, and I apologise for that. We have a great forum here, full of intelligent and understanding members. Therefore, it is should be considered completely unnecessary to post the following reminder. Unfortunately, the past has shown us that we have to go through this again, again and again, just to make sure.

A new Maiden tour is coming up. I'm sure we are all very excited and looking forward to whatever the boys are going to deliver to us - I know I am! To many of us, part of the joy is guessing what will be coming up, and being completely surprised and blown away by the show. In other words: We prefer not to know what is going to come up.

At Maidenfans, we respect this desire, and are aware of the fact that some people will visit only the last shows on a tour - and still do not want any spoilers. Fortunately, the forum software contains an option to hide spoilers from general view. To use it, simply type [spoiler][/spoiler] around the parts with such content in your posts.

Unfortunately, in the past we have had members who ignored this rule on our board. We have had threads with spoilers in the title, new threads opened with spoilers inside without any notice, and other such cases. Despite the fact that members are required to read and agree to the rules of this forum upon registration, it appears that this condition of posting here evades people from time to time. What is particularly frustrating however, is when members do not appear to understand that this is a rule of this board, and talk back to the moderators when notified about their violation. Hence, we have adopted a zero-tolerance policy on this. We cannot go through this discussion all over again every time - we've had it way too often already. If we have the feeling that a member defies the forum rules or the moderator actions on purpose, we will ban on sight, i.e. there are no "warning shots".

So, to make this clear once and for all:

*When mentioning tour spoilers, use the spoiler tags
*Defiance to this rule is a bannable offence
*The rules stay in power until the end of the very last show on the tour
*We will not discuss this openly or in private

Thanks for your understanding.

Perun and the Moderator Squad

I do not mean to discuss, but I'd like to ask a question about something that might not be unimportant to know.
A MUST UNDERSTANDING, so to speak.
*The rules stay in power until the end of the very last show on the tour
Would you make clear when that exactly is? Last show of 2012 or last show of 2013 when the tour continues and might contain the same songs? (I am planning to check the setlist, so this is not asked for my own good. ;-) )

Bump, just to make sure everybody gets the message.

I am sure this has been discussed before, but why not have a Spoilers thread to discuss the tour. At this point, for most of North America, this tour has essentially been over for a year.

The spoiler restriction makes it difficult to discuss the tour for those who have already seen it and for those who do not care if they see spoilers ahead of the show.

In addition, do we really know that this is the end of this tour? For all we know Maiden is planning on painting Eddie on a plane and hitting Australia, Japan, and other points in the Pacific in 2014. If that were the case, it would be about 2 years since the initial show of the tour to the end.

It seems that if there were a thread called

SPOILERS Maiden England Tour SPOILERS discussion

and the first post explained that there are spoilers

that people would be properly warned. The only downside I see is that the moderators would have to moderate this thread, but I would assume there are at least 1 or 2 of you that do not care about spoilers and that once a mod sees the show, they can join in.

Add to that, and I am specifically not mentioning the current tour, in past tours the US leg and European legs have been know to have differing setlists.

*We will not discuss this openly or in private

It's a shame, and unfortunate, because Forostar and bearfan bring up some fairly good points/suggestions above.

A few weeks ago, in a topic, I put something tour-related in spoiler tags (because I remember this rule, and am considerate, and I love this forum), and I still kind of got chewed out for it; another member made the assumption that the song I was talking about at the time was played on this tour (because I mentioned it earlier in the post, but then had spoiler tags following it). I, personally, thought that was *really* quite a stretch.

It was almost a prime example of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" moment. Point was, I'm VERY GOOD about putting things in spoiler tags, but yet I still get called out on these things apparently.

I can answer those points.

1. These rules stay in place to the end of the tour. The absolute end. Once the last show in Maiden England 2012-2013 has been played, talk it out yourself wherever.

2. Spoiler threads do not work because there are options to view the forum that include adding selections to a list, such as the New Posts option. If you click on "New Posts" then you could get new posts from the spoilers thread. So, the end result is, the spoilers thread becomes pointless.

A few weeks ago, in a topic, I put something tour-related in spoiler tags (because I remember this rule, and am considerate, and I love this forum), and I still kind of got chewed out for it; another member made the assumption that the song I was talking about at the time was played on this tour (because I mentioned it earlier in the post, but then had spoiler tags following it). I, personally, thought that was *really* quite a stretch.

It was almost a prime example of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" moment. Point was, I'm VERY GOOD about putting things in spoiler tags, but yet I still get called out on these things apparently.

It's not a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" moment. I edited the post in question, it was pretty obvious and not a stretch.

I'll just say this for the record: We are reluctant to discuss this forum policy, because we've had this every single bloody tour, and we have grown tired of it. You can read all those arguments in the previous tour threads. Just give it a rest already.

I can answer those points.

1. These rules stay in place to the end of the tour. The absolute end. Once the last show in Maiden England 2012-2013 has been played, talk it out yourself wherever.

2. Spoiler threads do not work because there are options to view the forum that include adding selections to a list, such as the New Posts option. If you click on "New Posts" then you could get new posts from the spoilers thread. So, the end result is, the spoilers thread becomes pointless.

I have never used the new posts feature, but when I click on it, it just displays the thread titles, not the content of the posts. Perhaps this changed in a software upgrade. But it does not appear that it would display spoilers. If you mouse over the title, it only displays a portion of the first post.

The post of mine in question wasn't even modded until a week later, and only because another member had brought it up. The topic went three pages before the one complaint. I still believe it was a bit of a stretch on the rule.

Tour spoilers follow:
And seriously... if you honestly didn't expect Seventh Son of a Seventh Son to be played on this Maiden England tour... well, just come on...

I just had to put my two cents in on the matter, especially after seeing this topic today. I'm sorry for any trouble.

Today is the last US tour date. After this, we'll only have a Mexican date (next Tuesday) and some in South America. I don't recall having seen (active) members from these countries in ages. Shall we lift the ban or is this risky?

Just wondering!

Back