Images

JudasMyGuide

The resident reactionary recalcitrant
Hi there

ever since the last time the forum went down it's been impossible to attach an image to a post nor is it possible to change your avatar. "The image could not be processed by the server" or something.

This one is a problem that's not affecting only me - Cried had problems uploading images as well. Anyone else?

The problem for me is that .png files I upload I can't see. I can't see any image when other people attach .png files either. Think Perun posted one really recently & I couldn't see the image. For some reason when I use Internet Explorer (which I don't normally use) files upload/attach as JPEGs though; which everyone seems to be able to see.

Still getting the same error message
"The image could not be processed by the server. Please try another or contact the site owner."
when trying to upload an avatar. Regardless if .png or jpeg, Chrome or Explorer, home or office PC.

Saapanael says Gravitars work if you want to use that for now to change your avatar. I've definitely posted images recently by linking them rather than attaching.

My problem is not being able to change my avatar, I never uploaded pictures directly to this website, imgur and dropbox are easier.

I can't upload images directly from my phone. I have to connect the phone to my computer and upload it from there and it works fine.

Gravatar indeed works, but it's a bore, especially if you're used to changing avatars as often as Judas does... :D

Using a Gravitar apparently works, but seeing as that's for setting up a globally recognised avatar, there's a chance it might start appearing on whatever other forums or social media networks you visit. I don't use that service myself so I've no idea if you can turn it off elsewhere.

Just wanted to let you know that I've been having the same issues as well. And poor me can't even figure out Gravatar so yeah, hopefully it can work again soon.

Back