IM Xmas Card for 2008 (they get worse every year)

gor

Ancient Mariner
eddie.jpg

hello mate. you're right, last years was hard to top, but at least it was intentionally unprofessional. this is just plain unprofessional.

I agree, I think it's a terrible picture. Plus, the snowman looks like a dildo. The worrying link between Iron Maiden and sex toys deepens....

Does anyone have Tap_Legion's Xmas card entry from a few years ago? I looked through his old posts, and the old image URL is dead. Tap's pic was brialliant.

What concept? If I could count the 13 year olds who have drawn Eddie attacking Santa or the Snowman in the last 5 years I bet I can open a gallery... The concept is banal and childish. Tap should have been the next Iron Maiden artist. For album covers, let alone Xmas cards. In my opinion he's the best Eddie artist today, way better than The Artist Formerly Known As Riggs.

gor said:
What concept? If I could count the 13 year olds who have drawn Eddie attacking Santa or the Snowman in the last 5 years I bet I can open a gallery... The concept is banal and childish. Tap should have been the next Iron Maiden artist. For album covers, let alone Xmas cards. In my opinion he's the best Eddie artist today, way better than The Artist Formerly Known As Riggs.

you said it, the "killing" of the snowman, who cares how many whatever year olds have done in the past... I like the concept, hated the execution, big fing whoop.

Wow!  Tap-Legion that's amazing.  I recall seeing the first picture now.  You have a talent.  The middle picture is just brilliantly funny.  I'd wear that to a concert.  Have a praise.

I love all those pictures! Not sure I've seen that last one before, was that this year's entry?

I can't understand how they can pick that rubbish above this stuff. Seriously Tap, have you done something to piss the IM management off?

national acrobat said:
I love all those pictures! Not sure I've seen that last one before, was that this year's entry?

I can't understand how they can pick that rubbish above this stuff. Seriously Tap, have you done something to piss the IM management off?

Thanks guys...

National:   Nah, the last one with the Crayons was done the same year as the "Kiss The Merry Mummy" piece.

I didnt do one in 2006 out of protest because my wife took 3rd place in 2005 and was suppose to get a T-Shirt, which she never got even after half a dozen emails and promises from them that it would be on its way. Didn't do one this year because I didnt have the time and I was finishing up a cover to "Eddies".

As for me pissing off the management...well....I did have a few choice words for Laz (and the fanclub) regarding the Shirt fiasco...That and the fact that I said, without remorse, that Tim Bradstreet was a hack and his "artwork" is shit(which I've said for over 10+ years)....Other than that, I can't think of anything.

;)

Tap_Legion, are they oil paints?

If they are, I feel all hope in perfecting my painting skills lost forever. Damn you, GCSE art.

Hissy_Fit said:
Tap_Legion, are they oil paints?

If they are, I feel all hope in perfecting my painting skills lost forever. Damn you, GCSE art.

Hissy: Nope, not oils, they are actually all done with acrylics. I have a nice collection of oil paints but they're a bit intimidating and I havent worked up enough courage to give them a try after 20+ years since the last piece of oil crap I did...lol.

Back