If you were able to travel back in time and attend a show, which one would you choose?

See, everything you said I get. But it's the "unique experience" part that makes me really interested in witnessing it. Also hearing a lot of the Blaze material, which, as everyone knows, I am quite fond of, is a plus. Regardless of what the performance was actually like, I'm just so curious to see what the experience was that that's why it's one I'd go to if I could.
I hear ye. The band were ferocious at times on that tour.

Any Maiden show in the 80s, probably Somewhere on Tour or the Piece of Mind tour. Also, Maiden played Red Rocks a few times, on the Powerslave tour and the Brave New World tour. Either of those shows would’ve been amazing (pretty good video bootleg exists from the latter).

Genesis in the 70s with Peter Gabriel, especially the Lamb tour which was shortlived and has no good bootlegs.

Frank Zappa with any band during any era.

I was fortunate to see Dream Theater opening for Maiden when Portnoy was in the band, but it would’ve been nice to see them do a headline show. I feel spoiled by some of the incredible DT shows I’ve seen post-Portnoy though and the wealth of archival live material.

We’ve discussed it here before: link.
Thanks! The 3 hours was with a break included. I saw Maiden doing 20 songs (in 1992 and 1998) and that was around 2 hours.
Still very cool and possibly their longest setlist indeed. This pic from @fekso looks like it was typed in Word, not really a printed setlist, but I can imagine it may have been this indeed:
1616790176811.png

Still, when you look at the setlist on another picture, in Michael Kenney's zone, the length of the songs (the words) are entirely different.
1616790403564.png
I may need to adjust this topic:

Last edited:
Still, when you look at the setlist on another picture, in Michael Kenney's zone, the length of the songs (the words) are entirely different.
View attachment 14151
I may need to adjust this topic:

I don't know how you can see any of the words on that set list! But, even so, the band might use nicknames or abbreviations for songs, e..g. Nob for The Number of the Beast

I cannot read the words, but see black printing. Especially at the end there is something very lengthy.

How about Iron Maiden, 19.12.1976, Golden Lion, London Colney, Hertfordshire?
Or earlier in 1976, Cart & Horses?

How about Iron Maiden, 19.12.1976, Golden Lion, London Colney, Hertfordshire?
Or earlier in 1976, Cart & Horses?
In 2011 I tried to find the Golden Lion in London (not Colney, I think we went to Marylebone), with @national acrobat.

We doubted if it was the place. There was no room for a stage. Not even a small one.

Don't remember if I wrote in this thread before, but as for me, I'd be delighted to be able to see, off the top of my head:

- the Allmen back in the day with Duane
- Django Reinhardt with Stéphane Grappelli live
- Ellington at Newport
- The Andrews Sisters and Bing, separately and together
- Jim Croce
- Pink Floyd back in the 70s
- Genesis with Gabriel
- the AMOLAD leg with the whole album played.

I have a good friend who saw them live. How I envy him!

I saw Queen + Paul Rogers in 2008, I think. It was great. Seeing Brian May and Roger Taylor two arms' length away was incredible. Yet, it wasn't Queen with Freddie. This is something that I can never have, no matter how much like him a front man can be.

In addition to Queen, I would have loved to see Pink Floyd live and I will always regret having missed Bruce on the Chemical Wedding tour in 1998. I saw him on the Accident of Birth tour, but think the subsequent album is his magnum opus (and one of my favourite albums of all time).

In addition to Queen, I would have loved to see Pink Floyd live and I will always regret having missed Bruce on the Chemical Wedding tour in 1998. I saw him on the Accident of Birth tour, but think the subsequent album is his magnum opus (and one of my favourite albums of all time).
And yet you aren't voting for it in the GMAC.

I will always regret having missed Bruce on the Chemical Wedding tour in 1998. I saw him on the Accident of Birth tour, but think the subsequent album is his magnum opus (and one of my favourite albums of all time).
For me it is the other way around.
No Accident of Birth tour. :/

Saw him on the Chemical Wedding Tour and Skunkworks (opening for Helloween in 1996).

I saw Queen + Paul Rogers in 2008, I think. It was great. Seeing Brian May and Roger Taylor two arms' length away was incredible. Yet, it wasn't Queen with Freddie. This is something that I can never have, no matter how much like him a front man can be.

I've seen every member of Lizzy live, either playing as Thin Lizzy or at Phil Lynott tribute nights, except for Phil Lynott and Gary Moore*, the two I will never get the opportunity to see, and none of what I saw could ever realistically be called Thin Lizzy without Phil.

*I haven't seen Snowy White either but who cares about him:lol:

I've seen every member of Lizzy live, either playing as Thin Lizzy or at Phil Lynott tribute nights, except for Phil Lynott and Gary Moore*, the two I will never get the opportunity to see, and none of what I saw could ever realistically be called Thin Lizzy without Phil.

*I haven't seen Snowy White either but who cares about him:lol:

I saw Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott and, even though they were great, I could not help but miss the guy who wrote most of the songs and played bass...

Excellent tribute to the band's music though, and seeing Scott Gorham play those great songs once again was very cool

Queen, for sure.

That's the one that got away.

Always loved them, never got to see them.

Back