Iced Earth

Remixes are great, although I checked out the original version of Stormrider first and didn't mind the rawness too much. The singing on the original Stormrider isn't very good, but I love the raw energy of the early version of the band. The album has a great vibe.

Remixes are great, although I checked out the original version of Stormrider first and didn't mind the rawness too much. The singing on the original Stormrider isn't very good, but I love the raw energy of the early version of the band. The album has a great vibe.
Yeah I don't mind the original recordings of either. I do prefer the remix for the ST, but both versions of NOTS are cracking in my opinion. Travel in Stygian is still one of my favourite songs of all time, and other titanic tracks like Stormrider, Pure Evil. Of course, they don't get to final form until AIA.

Question to those in the know ( @Night Prowler ): I was always under the impression that Barlow made one appearance on The Glorious Burden as the second voice in High Water Mark’s intro, but having done some spelunking via the Wayback Machine, I found some notes of Schaffer’s saying that he was the voice. I assume then that this is indeed what happened (unless Jon took credit for something he didn’t do, which seems unlikely), but how did such a mix up occur?

Question to those in the know ( @Night Prowler ): I was always under the impression that Barlow made one appearance on The Glorious Burden as the second voice in High Water Mark’s intro, but having done some spelunking via the Wayback Machine, I found some notes of Schaffer’s saying that he was the voice. I assume then that this is indeed what happened (unless Jon took credit for something he didn’t do, which seems unlikely), but how did such a mix up occur?
Jon is singing. Barlow is doing back-up vocals during Red Baron/Blue Max.

Barlow really isn't noticeable anywhere although he allegedly appears on TGB in choir parts. Him and Jon at times sound very similar and I also thought he sang Jon's lines on High Water Mark.

Hot on the heels of Schaffer's zany projects, comes Stu Block merchandise. Apparently there will be shirts and also Stu Block rolling papers, grinder and tray, with money going to organisations helping animals and humans in need. He seems to post a lot of stuff about cats on social media.

1597102734915.png

THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER AGAIN

TEARS IN MY FUCKING EYES YESSSSS

I DON'T CARE IT'S FUCKING CHRISTMAS SONGS IF THIS WORKS WE GET ORIGINAL STUFF AND THEN SURELY SOME LIVE STUFF AND THEN I'D CRY WATCHING BARLOW SING A QUESTION OF HEAVEN LIVE

I'LL JUST TRANSFER MY ENTIRE SALARY OVER OK NOT REALLY BUT I'LL BACK THIS FOR SURE

2ND BEST THING TO HAPPEN IN 2020 FUCK YES

THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER AGAIN
Schaffer is recording Christmas music in his location, Barlow is singing songs he has known since he was 4. Barely counts.

IF THIS WORKS WE GET ORIGINAL STUFF
Nothing indicates this will happen.

THEN SURELY SOME LIVE STUFF

WATCHING BARLOW SING A QUESTION OF HEAVEN LIVE
Probably won't be on the setlist.

2ND BEST THING TO HAPPEN IN 2020
It really isn't.

Schaffer is recording Christmas music in his location, Barlow is singing songs he has known since he was 4. Barely counts.

Probably won't be on the setlist.

It really isn't.
This is NOT the Dream Killing Game thread.
You heartless bastard.

I think this is great. Both the fact they are working together again as well as a valid alternative to Halford’s Metal Christmas tunes, which I spin every Christmas.

Back