I was banned from THIS TOTALLY COOL IRON MAIDEN BOOTLEG SITE for no reason!

warewolf95

Prowler
Some of you might know this awesome Maiden site with almost every recording from every tour in its forum. Does anybody know anybody at the site or how I can repeal my banning? Because i never did anything wrong and then I just got banned one day with no explanation?! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: I was banned from s10.invisionfree.com/metal_bootlegs/ for no reason!

I suggest opening another account with another e-mail :D I registered on one russian bootleg torrent site about 15-20 times until they changed their stupid ratio rules.

Re: I was banned from s10.zetaboards.com/metal_bootlegs/ for no reason!

I'm pondering on whether to consider this an advertisement for that website or not...

Re: I was banned from s10.zetaboards.com/metal_bootlegs/ for no reason!

Yeah, nice link in the title... Not impressed.

Re: I was banned from THIS TOTALLY COOL IRON MAIDEN BOOTLEG SITE/ for no reason!

I made the title a bit less subtle. ;)

No i swear its not an ad. Its just that anytime I go to it it says im banned and it wont even let me navigate the site as a nonmember. Plus the site doesnt really have another name anyway. I just want to know if anybody else has had this happen? And if so, do you know how I can contact someone on there?

Your name is not on the members list, but not on the banned list either (yet?)

The policy is you get banned if you get the links for more than 30 gigs in one day with no other activity (on the discussion board etc).

Is it possible you did that?

Welsh Phantom said:
Your name is not on the members list, but not on the banned list either (yet?)

The policy is you get banned if you get the links for more than 30 gigs in one day with no other activity (on the discussion board etc).

Is it possible you did that?
Maybe... but the most ive ever downloaded in one day was more like 15 or 20 at the absolute MOST

warewolf95 said:
Maybe... but the most ive ever downloaded in one day was more like 15 or 20 at the absolute MOST

The rules were put in place as a lot of people were just copying the links to other sites as their own work (ie 'leeching') rather than reuploading, and not making any contribution to the site itself, such as taking part in discussions. The rules were made quite clear in 'site announcements' and not unreasonable to be honest (It's not hard to reply to discussion topics!). I uploaded 4Gb for the Donington 1988 DVD only to find the links elsewhere with not so muck as a thank you for my efforts.

All I can suggest is re register on a different pc and pm one of the mods explaining how you will take part a little more in future. Maybe they will unblock your account.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely do that, because I am so surprised that they would ban me because I wasnt a leech. Oh well, ill just try again.

Back