I met Bruce Dickinson last night!

A

Anonymous

Hey all you Maiden fans,
I know I don't post on here very often, but when I do, I try make sure I have something to say/add to another's thread. Let me tell you the story of how I met Bruce last night:

to begin with, I was at my friend's house, and I knew him and others were set to go to see Megadeth at the Astoria in London, UK. Now I'm not Megadeth's biggest fan (I personally prefer Metallica over them), but I do like alot of their stuff musically, I just don't think Mustaine really lets go, concering singing. From the sound of some tracks, it sounds like he's got a great voice in him, but I've never been able to get into his voice, too muddy for me. Anyway, one of my best friend's Bllly (who's a big Maiden fan like me, and was going to the gig), said to me 'Lew, I'll let you know if there are any tickets available'. To explain, a friend of ours (Toby) who was going to gig, his dad knows promoters, etc and such, can sometimes get a hold of free tickets for his son and friends (us lot lol). Anyway later on in the day, I got a call to say there was one available, so I left and met up with them in Muswell Hill. When I was there, I was chatting with Billy, and he joked 'Wouldn't it be so cool if say, we were just going into the gig, and Steve (Harris) or someone else from Maiden walked in!'. The reason he said that was because a few weeks ago, we both went to go see Green Day, (which we both really like, but Maiden is our favourite band of all time), and just going in, we see Benji and Joel Madden from Good Charlotte go in (which I think are okish, for a Poppy Punky kind of band), and we met them.

Anyway, fast foward to the gig, and we had just finished watching the support band (Diamond Head, who were great), and we were knackered from lack of eating proper food during the day, and drinking beer lol. We so agreed to go upstairs to the seating area (where other friends of ours were), and sit down for a bit to watch the opening of Megadeth. On our way there, just before going up stairs, I see this guy walk in, hearing him say 'Right, where should we sit' to his friends, and realise it's Bruce! I croack 'Bruce!', then Billy catches on, and does the same, and we have a little chat with him.

Both of us being so shy, and shaky, and overwhelmed with excitement and complete upmost respect, we both said it was a pleasure to meet him, we both shook his hand and all I remember asking was 'When is your new album out?', he replied 'Sometime in May'. The funniest bit was just as he was about to go, I said 'Bruce, do you have a pen on you by any chance?'. He fumbled about in his jacket, and produced this flimsy pen, and being without any kind of paper at all, asked him to sign my bus pass, and aswell as Billy did lol.

The rest of the night, I was still in shock, and could not (and still haven't), get over that I met Bruce Dickinson!!! Megadeth were very good, but for me, I could not take them in, as nothing that nightm could top meeting Bruce Dickinson... apart from if I met the rest of the band lol. One thing which bothered me though, I had one question I always wanted to ask him if I met him which was 'Why do you hate Metallica so much?'. Of course I forgot though, and Billy forgot to ask him if and where Maiden would be playing in the UK... But thats my story of how I met Bruce, and I'm glad I could share it with all of you lot (excuse the length, I just wanted to go into detail about it).

Forever Up The Irons

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Glad that you had a great night, im sure i would have been the same had i met him, wouldnt have been able to take in the show i mean.

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back