'I Live My Way'

A

Anonymous

Where can i find this song. I heard it once but itsnt on the b sides album. It hasnt been released am i right

'i Live My Way'

It's on the [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=single28_manontheedge/pds28_manontheedge&lang=eng&link=singles\' target=\'_blank\']Man On The Edge picture disc[/a]. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'i Live My Way'

If you want it on cd form it was only included in the 2cd Japanese edition of TXF

Now, you can read other visitors' comments on 'I Live My Way' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'i Live My Way'

I really like this one. Am I the only one who feels they should have released The X Factor as a double-album?

'i Live My Way'

Nice song, sounds a bit Wolfsbane-ish to me which is fine. I only dislike the production on this song (especially this song). Because it almost sounds like they recorded the song in an empty room with only 1 microphone. While it works on the more brooding songs of The X Factor, it takes away a lot from the punchier songs. At least I think this way.

'i Live My Way'

An average song in my opinion, the chorus is too repetitive and don't really like the chorus anyway. Nice to have the song, but I'm glad it's not on the album.

'i Live My Way'

[!--quoteo(post=107661:date=Jun 7 2005, 06:50 AM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jun 7 2005, 06:50 AM) [snapback]107661[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I really like this one. Am I the only one who feels they should have released The X Factor as a double-album?
[/quote]

Yes, to include this, and 'Justice...'

I often wonder why 'I Live My Way', Juctice of the Peace' and 'Judgement day' weren't re-recorded for 'Virtual XI', as it would have made the album a lot better though with more songs on it.

Lee

Not as strong as the other B-sides, but it's nonetheless, like them, a lot peppier than most of the actual album. This one actually sums up the Blaze years quite well - they didn't care about what the critics thought, they did what they wanted and succeeded, if not critically, then personally. The song feels like it would work well live TBH, they could use it sometime. If they wanted to. But hey, they live their way. 8/10.

The intro is so typical for TXF era. Average chorus and curious (but not bad) verses. I think this song could fit in the atmosphere of the album. The solos and the drumming are fitting. Not a bad song.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call it terrible but it’s easily the nadir of Blaze’s time with Maiden.

Back