I finally quit my job

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
After over 1 year of working as a cashier at a grocery store, I recently gave them my 2 weeks notice that I'm quittting. I start college at the University of Minnesota this August so I won't have much time to work at that damn place. I'm actually scheduled to work right now, but I hate that fucking store so much that I didn't bother. I've just been sitting on my ass all day crankin' some tunes...and it's awesome. It's a shame that I'll have to work for nearly the rest of my life after college.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've more or less worked in a supermarket for the past 4 years and it's getting a bit tedious... a good thing I'm starting school next monday [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Guys, I'm glad to see you both furthering your educations. Shitty jobs remind us why we punish ourselves with the stress of university.

I did my time as a gas pumper for two summers. It was on an Indian reservation, and I and my co-workers were the only White people for miles. I know LooseCannon did the supermarket gig for a few years too.

What? I liked my job. The coworkers were awesome. Whenever the store was closed I plugged my discman into the storewide speaker system and it was metal night in Stewiacke!

I sometimes start(ed) an hour early in the morning, just so I could listen to loud-*ss metal while working. Loved it ! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back