How the reunion happened back in 1999?

I had mixed feelings, though mostly happy. Bruce and Adrian are the best fit for Maiden, no doubt. But I really wanted to see what a 3rd album with Blaze would be like. VXI wasn't my favorite, but X Factor is still in my top 5 Maiden albums, and I really think they were onto something with that sound. Then Brave New World came out and punched me in the willy for thinking such stupid stuff.

I wasn't. In fact, that was some of the best news in my life.

I liked Bruce's solo stuff, so I knew he and Adrian would inject some much-needed life back into Iron Maiden. And when I first saw the video for 'The Wicker Man', that was confirmed. I was just blown away and couldn't believe that I was seeing & hearing Bruce singing a new song with Maiden, actually. I have never been as excited about an album than I was for 'Brave New World', and I am pleased to say that it did not disappoint.

;)

I didn't even listen to 'Virtual XI' until 2006.

Didn't care much for Blaze, and I have to say that I really hated 'The Angel and the Gambler' and didn't care much for 'Futureal' or 'Virus'. But when I heard Bruce sing 'The Clansman' on 'Rock in Rio' for the first time, it made me revisit 'Virtual XI' and the other Blaze material. Still happy that Bruce reunited with the band when he did, though.

Back