How much longer for Iron Maiden?

Stallion Duck said:
Why are you so obsessed with unreleased and rare material? That's almost all you talk about.

Unreleased material is interesting, and it would be great to know that we'll get new material and releases (hopefully in a physical format) after the band retires or stops making new albums!

OK fair enough. But you should participate in other discussions.

Much to my distress, I have this predictive feeling that tells me it will be maybe just another album and world tour and then au revoir. Which will be REALLY hard for me to bear with :S

If they are going to release more new material, I really hope we don't have to wait another 4 years for it. Rather than jamming 76+ minutes onto a CD, I would almost prefer them to do either a single with 1 b-side (an original-like the Twilight Zone/Wrathchild single), or even a 4 song ep. Then I wouldn't mind waiting 3 years for a 50 minute album.

They could even release the single on Christmas so it can hit #1 -- that is if they can make a short enough song.

Then they could go on tour next year playing a new song or two and not worry about becoming a 'cabaret' act (which I think is b.s. anyway).

I don't see another new album until 2013 at the earliest.  The rest of this year is touring.  They'll do a retro tour of some sorts in 2012.  We should hopefully see Maiden England and hopefully the Final Frontier show on DVD soon.  I can't see any new songs being ready before 2013.

I just want Maiden to stop when they feel the time is right.  If they want to continue to play and record then great.  If they don't I don't want half assed shows or albums tarnishing their legacy.  I can't imagine that happening for a second.

I can't either. And I don't think they'll do that. Which is good.

As long as they can keep the energy up, I want them to keep recording and touring. 

They are the best live act going these days, and once that is no longer true, I want a nice farewell to the fans...

...then another 5 years of Bruce going solo.

NightProwler666 said:
I think that guitarists and Steve can play at least until they are 65 or more. Nicko is still flawless at 59, but I don't know how will he sound when he turns 65, for example. And of course, there's Bruce. At 53, he can sing pretty much everything of 80's material really good, except some really high screams that don't sound so good lately (TNOTB). I think that he has at least 10 more quality years.

I dunno...TNOTB sounded pretty freaking good last night in Tampa!  B)

I think they will do one more studio album, but that's it. Unless they decide to make them more often. If we have to wait until 2014 with a new studio album I think that will probably be it.

I will give them until 2015. It depends on Nicko and Bruce.

I think we won't wait that long for a new album. I also think they have more than just 2015. They really have a lot of energy, their albums are selling better than ever. They have no reason to stop yet.

Bruce once said he would write novels when he retired from music. That should be interesting if Iffy Boatrace is anything to go by. I always imagine Steve and the others doing an instrumental album based on some of the best Maiden riffs and solos. They could definitely revisit them.

When Maiden retire I've always thought that Steve could use all of his years of experience to work with other bands, working on producing albums , maybe also co-writting songs.

Wyrdskein said:
always imagine Steve and the others doing an instrumental album based on some of the best Maiden riffs and solos. They could definitely revisit them.

Sounds like a great idea, but I don't put my hopes in it.

NightProwler666 said:
He could edit DVD's for other bands :p

That was mean :D I don't know if I could stand something like DOTR again.

Back