How many Iron Maiden live songs have you witnessed at (an) Iron Maiden gig(s)

How many have you ?

• Less than 15 songs

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 15-25 songs

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • 26-35 songs

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • 36-45 songs

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • 46-55 songs

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • 56-65 songs

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • 66-75 songs

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 76-85 songs

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 86-99 songs

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 100 or more songs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Were you referring to my edit? I only put a missing question mark in between "songs" and "were" :huh:

I'm 2nd! :cool::)

Just a bit more seen than @GhostofCain who is 3rd, probably. At least with amount of tours, I guess, maybe also amount of songs.

I saw two tours (1992, 1995) he did not see and he saw one I did not see (1996).

If not mistaken, the song differences (Foro yes, Ghost no):

Tailgunner
Be Quick or Be Dead
From Here to Eternity
Wasting Love
The Edge of Darkness

Last edited:
I saw two tours (1992, 1995) he did not see and he saw one I did not see (1996).

If not mistaken, the song differences (Foro yes, Ghost no).

Tailgunner
Be Quick or Be Dead
From Here to Eternity
Wasting Love
The Edge of Darkness

Correct. I became a fan in 1991, but missed the 1992, 1993, and 1995 tours (too young to travel on my own for the first two, lack of transport for the third one).

Also fan since 1991. I was not able to go in 1993. Not too young for 1992. No clear reason for 1996. Not sure why. Perhaps because it was a festival. Either I was aware and I did not want to go alone or too expensive. Either not aware. I was not aware of AOB tour as well (crazy in hindsight).

I had three misses since I became a fan, if I decided to go to those shows I'd fall a year in high school, college, and miss the last exam before graduation. The year I graduated I saw Maiden for the first time, in 2008. I didn't want to go to Maiden England cabaret nor do I think I missed anything, no regrets. Can't describe it more than 30% setlist issue 70% performance issue.

I had three misses since I became a fan, if I decided to go to those shows I'd fall a year in high school, college, and miss the last exam before graduation. The year I graduated I saw Maiden for the first time, in 2008. I didn't want to go to Maiden England cabaret nor do I think I missed anything, no regrets. Can't describe it more than 30% setlist issue 70% performance issue.
Did not want to see SSOASS and/or ATSS?

I also missed ME and even though I have not been too impressed by videos I have seen (stage, set, performance issues) I will still always regret it. Seventh Son and The Prisoner make it worth the ticket price alone, for me. Not a massive fan of ATSS but I suppose the instrumental is pretty rockin.
I was also too young 93. I remember well the night of the gig. I sat in tears listening to Maiden and looking at a tour advert on my wall which I had cut out from Kerrang! magazine. I hated my parents to hell and back. I also blame my brother. He was 15. If he had been 17 or 18 he would have been allowed and me with him.
And tonight is Maiden night in Belfast once again. Me and my aforementioned brother shall be be shoulder to shoulder at Maiden for the 7th time (his 11th, my 10th in total). Cant wait.

In my humble opinion SSOASS, The Prisoner, and ATSS/Revelations were worth the price of admission alone. Having Moonchild as an opener was great and although they could have chosen a few deeper cuts like Still Life or Die With Your Boots On, I thoroughly enjoyed the 4 shows I attended on the tour (Lisbon, Donington and Zagreb in 2013; Sonisphere UK in 2014).

I have missed some gigs I should have attended in the past (most notably Bruce's The Chemical Wedding tour in 1998) and would not want to repeat that mistake again. Therefore, if Maiden or Bruce are playing, I will be there. You never know how long they are going to be around.

SSOASS went on too slow, one of my favourite riffs of all time is the chorus, because of the groove, which wasn't there because it was too slow. The instrumental section again disappointed with the tempo. I watched RiR and RaR bootlegs. I was disappointed with the picks from "Maiden England" (the omit of Infinite Dreams), and further on I was highly disappointed with the way they played the chosen tracks, SSOASS, Moonchild, Prisoner, all lacking. 1988 was the most aggressive Maiden ever, frankly SSOASS instrumental on BBC Archives from Donington 1988 is totally another beast than these 2012/13 versions.

ATSS is the only regret here, the performance seemed great.

I agree with your criticism and also prefer aggressive and fast "authentic" style of live Maiden. Still I'm glad I saw that bombastic epic.

I am happy with keeping the tempo as on the studio recordings. If anything, I think that the songs were played way too fast in 1988, sucking the life away from them. That being said, Nicko was somewhat sloppy on the Maiden England 2012-2014 tour. I wonder if his playing has been better since 2016 as a result of taking better care of himself (i.e. stopping drinking).

Nothing beats that drive in The Evil from ARLOne. Fast and well played. No life sucked out of it.

I beg to differ about the well played part if we consider the solo. :D

In spite of the solo, that song is one of the highlights, shining among the rest of botched attempts at production that Steve did with the live albums released in 1993.

Last edited:
Back