How does Maiden figure upcoming N.A. tour will be "most extensive"?

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
Number of N.A. dates played on the SBIT tour: 24
Number of N.A. dates on the upcoming tour: 22

How do they figure that the upcoming tour is their "most extensive North American tour in many years."?

Would it be in terms of territorial extension, covering more areas since The X Factour or Virtual XI tour (although, several north american dates were cancelled due to poor ticket selling)?

Given that I have a free place to stay in Ottawa, I might consider that concert instead.

LooseCannon said:
Given that I have a free place to stay in Ottawa, I might consider that concert instead.

No Loosey, you're not an MP yet.

The only requirement is that when you are nominated to stand for election, you must be eligible to vote. So as long as you are over 18 and a citizen of Canada, you certainly can be an MP. There are many foreign-born MPs.

Good, one more country I can legally take over.

fonzbear2000 said:
Number of N.A. dates played on the SBIT tour: 24
Number of N.A. dates on the upcoming tour: 22

How do they figure that the upcoming tour is their "most extensive North American tour in many years."?

Could it be because SBIT is not an album tour, but rather a retrospective and this upcoming tour is the most extensive ALBUM tour they've done... in many years.

This isn't an album tour, Onhell. They'll play one song from the new album (which won't even be out yet) and the rest is indeed a retrospective.

"Most extensive" is just PR talk. Iron Maiden will also tell you (when TFF comes out) that it's their best album ever, regardless of whether that is true.

Edit, just for kicks:
In case any newbies don't know: the last time Maiden toured NA extensively behind a new album was the BNW tour, ten years ago. However, both the Early Days tour and SBIT were extensive[sup]1[/sup] and in support of merch: the Early Days DVD and SBIT CD respectively.

[sup]1[/sup] The modern "extensive", that is ... nothing like World Slavery.

Yes, but it wasn't quite in support of anything new, although they did play Wildest Dreams since DOD was released soon after. That's why I didn't mention it. :bigsmile:

Also, it was called Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead. (At least in the US, I don't know if it had other names elsewhere.) :P

Edit: I just did some checking, and ETG was released the November before GMETID - about the same as the gap between Early Days DVD and tour. So I semi-retract my statement above; perhaps Maiden was trying to support ETD with the GMETID tour. However, I recall that the Early Days tour was much more closely tied to the DVD (stage set, etc) than GMETID was tied to ETG. As a concert-goer, I did not perceive GMETID as supporting anything, but that could just be me.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Edit, just for kicks:
In case any newbies don't know: the last time Maiden toured NA extensively behind a new album was the BNW tour, ten years ago. However, both the Early Days tour and SBIT were extensive[sup]1[/sup] and in support of merch: the Early Days DVD and SBIT CD respectively.

[sup]1[/sup] The modern "extensive", that is ... nothing like World Slavery.

Hey, I'm no newbie, fella 'cos I know that Maiden toured during August and September 2000 through North America, and it did beat The X Factour north american tour for 6 gigs more, only, counting out the cancelled gigs 'cos then it'd be more gigs than on the BNW tour. I automatically forgot the tours they did in North America after Bruce returned 'cos it is second nature to revisit the last 11 years in the back of the mind and don't even give a second thought about Maiden being successful in every corner of this planet on every tour since Ed Hunter Tour.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I just did some checking, and ETG was released the November before GMETID - about the same as the gap between Early Days DVD and tour. So I semi-retract my statement above; perhaps Maiden was trying to support ETD with the GMETID tour. However, I recall that the Early Days tour was much more closely tied to the DVD (stage set, etc) than GMETID was tied to ETG. As a concert-goer, I did not perceive GMETID as supporting anything, but that could just be me.

If I recall, a lot of the set design and backdrops was ETG-themed.

hockeyguy666 said:
I think the walkon eddie shouldve been the etg ed.

And I think you should write in a comprehensible language.

Back