1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooks In You

Discussion in 'No Prayer For The Dying' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Hooks in You on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

2.9%
  2. 9

5.7%
  3. 8

11.4%
  4. 7

20.0%
  5. 6

8.6%
  6. 5

8.6%
  7. 4

17.1%
  8. 3

5.7%
  9. 2

8.6%
  10. 1

11.4%
  1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I don't get the hate for this one. Calling it Maiden's worst song is a bit of a stretch when songs like Weekend Warrior exist. I like the main riff and even the poppy chorus. 8\10

2. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

5. No explains needed.

3. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Give it a try. Explanations are needed in these topics. Getting tired at the end? ;)

4. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

Let's see... Lyrics are... let's say garbage, singing is not good, riff is catchy but that's it.

5. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

A sound 7 for this one, quite like it something to tap my foot to, not a song I listen to that much.

6. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

I really like this song, it's my second favorite of the album and is very catchy. 8.

7. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Run Silent Run Deep's twin brother song. Horrible chorus, and boring like hell. 4/10.

8. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

LOL I thought I was the only one who thought that.

9. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Guess I like this more than most, I give it a 7.  It is a solid pop-rockish tune.

10. Donner

Donner Ancient Mariner

6- It's kind of fun and campy but pretty unremarkable.

11. johnglen

johnglen Trooper

Worst Maiden song ever, a 0 in my book so i voted 1 here.

12. Revelations85

Revelations85 Trooper

6/10. An alright song.

13. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

3/10. I really found nothing to like about this song. The lyrics are atrocious, Bruce's voice grates on me throughout the song, and the music, while not terrible, isn't good. Not sure yet if it's my least favorite Maiden song, certainly my least favorite Adrian/Bruce collaboration.

14. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

15. I'm also surprised at the dislike of this song! Yes, the lyrics blow, it sounds "radio pop rock" (kinda like CIPWM).
    Despite that, it has a cool upbeat vibe, solid chorus, good solos. As for the vocals, NPFTD and FOD I feel had that same raspy style so I don't set
    Hooks in a different category for that. 7 / 10

16. Check the Declination!

Check the Declination! Working on my PHD in Maiden

:nonono: :blink: :nuts2: :down: :turd: :huh: :uhm: :wtf: <_<

17. Crap song, b side quality, but so was the whole album. Very poor, should never have been released. Janick Gers's playing on that one is especially abysmal.

18. 5/10 It's just as bad as The Assassin. Bad performance by Bruce. Corny overall. It will likely be among some of the worst IM songs when I'm through the discography.

19. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

This came up on my shuffle today. I listened, gave it another chance, and again found no redeeming qualities.

20. Eddieson

Eddieson Nomad

I understand why this song is hated, it's generic, bad vocals by Bruces standard, uninspired riffs etc.
    But I can't help to be hopelessly in love with the break at 1:49-2:25, who later comes back at 3:36.
    Without this this song should be a 3 maybe, but it deserves a 5 because these sections is really good according to me.

5/10