History

A

Anonymous

I'm a semi-new fan, and I need to be guided in the right direction. So if anyone's got a nice little condensed history lesson (Ex: When Nicko replaced Clive, what albums happened when, etc), I'm all-ears.

Oh, and where did Eddie come from?

Nicko replaced Clive after Number of the Beast. His first album was Piece of Mind.
Album History:
Iron Maiden
Killers
(Bruce replaces Paul)
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
A Real Live Dead One
Live at Donington
(Blaze replaces Bruce)
X Factor
Best of the Beast
Virtual XI
Ed Hunter
(Bruce replaces Blaze)
Brave New World
Rock in Rio
Edward the Great
Eddie's Archive
Dance of Death
[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Welcome to the wonderful world of Iron Maiden

Complete list of studio albums (Album Name / Release Year / Band Members):

Iron Maiden, 1980: Paul Di'Anno (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Dennis Stratton (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Clive Burr (Drums)

Killers, 1981: Paul Di'Anno (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Clive Burr (Drums)

Number of the Beast, 1982: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Clive (Drums)

Piece of Mind, 1983: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Powerslave, 1984: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Somewhere In Time, 1986: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, 1998: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

No Prayer for the Dying, 1990: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Fear Of The Dark, 1993: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

The X-Factor, 1995: Blaze Bayley (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Virtual XI, 1998: Blaze Bayley (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Brave New World, 2000: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitars), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Dance Of Death, 2003: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitars), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[a href=\'http://www.extend.no/~tore/maiden/faq/iron-maiden-faq.txt\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.extend.no/~tore/maiden/faq/iron...-maiden-faq.txt[/a]

everything you want to know about Maiden! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SirLardsAlot+Feb 22 2004, 05:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SirLardsAlot @ Feb 22 2004, 05:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Complete list of studio albums (Album Name / Release Year / Band Members):

Iron Maiden, 1980: Paul Di'Anno (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Dennis Stratton (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Clive Burr (Drums)

Killers, 1981: Paul Di'Anno (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Clive Burr (Drums)

Number of the Beast, 1982: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Clive (Drums)

Piece of Mind, 1983: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Powerslave, 1984: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Somewhere In Time, 1986: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, 1998: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

No Prayer for the Dying, 1990: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Fear Of The Dark, 1993: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

The X-Factor, 1995: Blaze Bayley (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Virtual XI, 1998: Blaze Bayley (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Brave New World, 2000: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitars), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

Dance Of Death, 2003: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Dave Murray (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitars), Steve Harris (Bass), Nicko McBrain (Drums)

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]
refer this

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Dennis Left because he wanted tou play blues.[/quote]

Wrong! Dennis was dismissed because he was fiddling with the sound and adding background vocals to some tracks without consulting the band. Besides, he was a bit older and didn't spend much time with Maiden during the tour with Kiss (who were about the same age as him), separating himself from the rest of the band.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Paul left because of drinkin problems.[/quote]

Not entirely right. Paul was also dismissed because his partying excesses didn't allow him to make several concerts in a row, and many shows had to be cancelled during the Killers Tour. Besides, he had the annoying habit of spinning tales, which didn't quite please Harris.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]clive left maiden because he had a disease cald MS. its a nerv disease. you cant control your hands and feets. [/quote]

Awfully wrong!!! Clive developed the same problem as Paul after a while. His drinking binges during the Beast on the Road tour hampered his drumming abilities and he even had to have a bucket during the gigs so he could puke in it in between the songs. His first symptoms of MS appeared in 2001, some 18 years after he left Maiden.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Honestly i dont know what happend with adrian.[/quote]

Adrian left because he couldn't face the heavy touring schedule anymore. He simply had had enough and wanted a quieter life than what Maiden had to offer at the time.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]bruce left because he was angry with steve. I dont realy know but Ithink it was something about songwriting or somthing like that.[/quote]

Somehow right-ish. Bruce has a strong personality that clashed often with Steve's, who's a strong character too. He felt frustrated that his songs didn't make it to Maiden albums (well, they didn't sound very "Maiden" anyway) and finally left in a strop. The separation was not very amicable, but it gave birth to a couple of brilliant Dickinson solo albums (Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding), as well as Maiden's darkest album (The X Factor) that has its place in the best they've ever written.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]blaze was kicked out of the band.
then  bruce came back and here we are[/quote]

Simplistically wrong! Blaze had done his time with Maiden and the management achieved a great publicity stunt by re-integrating Bruce and Adrian to the band. The parting was amicable they are still in very good terms. Although they made a couple of excellent albums, Blaze and Maiden were not made to last, and Blaze's solo career is nowadays absolutely blinding.

Please get your facts straight before posting inane rumours that may be carried on by gullible and misinformed fans...

I suggest you read Mick Wall's Run To The Hills - The Official Iron Maiden Biography.

Mav is actually correct on all his points.

The Maiden biography is anyway a very interesting read, I highly recommend it.

Not trying to slime - but Mav that was a good job!
Was like standing in front of a court.. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Mar 8 2004, 05:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 8 2004, 05:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] as Maiden's darkest album (The X Factor) [/quote]
That's exactly what I thought after I heard it the first time.
I used to play DOOM II while listening to that album..
[!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Wait.. I thought Blaze replaced Bruce, and it was Dave and Janick on guitars, then Bruce comes back and it was Dave Janick and Blaze on guitars. Is Adrian still in the band??

WHO'S WHO??

I know Bruce, Dave, Adrian, Nicko and Steve apart from each other, but none of the people in Rock In Rio look like Adrian... I thought the third guitarist was Blaze...? THIS IS TOO CONFUSING!

(Edit: Ok, I just got it. Adrian is the guy with the Jean jacket on. I didn't even recognize him anymore. So now it's back to the Powerslave setup, just with Janick Gers on Guitar also. But now I've got another question: How do you pronounce (Sp?) Janick Gers???)

[!--QuoteBegin-GodBeWithYou+Mar 21 2004, 07:28 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GodBeWithYou @ Mar 21 2004, 07:28 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Wait.. I thought Blaze replaced Bruce, and it was Dave and Janick on guitars, then Bruce comes back and it was Dave Janick and Blaze on guitars. Is Adrian still in the band??

WHO'S WHO??

I know Bruce, Dave, Adrian, Nicko and Steve apart from each other, but none of the people in Rock In Rio look like Adrian... I thought the third guitarist was Blaze...? THIS IS TOO CONFUSING! [/quote]
Are you genuinely stupid or is this some kind of piss-take? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-GodBeWithYou+Mar 21 2004, 07:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GodBeWithYou @ Mar 21 2004, 07:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] ^^^^^^

(I'm genuinely stupid) [/quote]
Oh alright then! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Blaze guitarist [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I can imagine Blaze pumping his guitar, shouting "COME ON!!!" [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Please, have mercy on newbies !!!
There is a short bio of the band on the introduction page of this site...

Thankie Kindly, Taffy

AND YES, HAVE MERCY, I BEG YOU!!

(Where'd Eddie come from <Oh god, not another question....>)

[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Blaze guitarist [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back