Help needed: question about original Sanctuary single

Luisma

Years Wasted
Anyone who has THE ORIGINAL UK 7" Single of Sanctuary... Is it true that the version of Drifter (Live) that appears on this release is NOT the same that appears in the German release (12") and all other (First Ten Years) releases?

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited thread title to be a bit more informative, and hopefully attract an answer. My apologies if mucking with your thread title offends, Luisma. :cool:

No offence taken... You enhanced without cocking it up like the enhanced versions of the Maiden catalog :lol:

I have both but don't have a record player to check, but from memory they are different.

My hazy memory says something along the lines of an edit. I seem to remember Di'Anno saying to the crowd "keep your hands off me, daughter" and then the crowd cheers (12" version with this edit), but on the 7" version he says something rude. Can't remember what though sorry!

Ok, just found it on youtube :)

He says "you load of wankers" and the crowd cheers during Drifter (later edited to "get your hands off me, daughter" for the 12".

You can listen here:

Hope this answers your question ;)

Does anyone have a needledrop/rip of the UK 7"? I'm interested in I've got the fire since it is a different version from anywhere else.

hi! Luisma!
did you know What Happen
Heaven Can Wait?and Why Arry go to stage side?
50:14-
Hey thanks for bringing my attention to this video!

I have to reconfirm this but as you can partially see in the video, during 'Heaven Can Wait' the support band, The Almighty, came on stage. Floyd London was using the famous checkered bass of Steve and stayed on stage after the 'Whoah ohhhh...' part and as it was a bit crammed on that part of the stage, with Bruce playing with Floyd, Steve moved to the other side of the stage to have more room

thx! One More Question!
There were days in Steve and Bruce's interview that Clive played too fast.
One day he played too slow.
Bruce was on a mattress.
The anecdote about Bruce sleeping on stage on a mattress appears frequently.
Do you know where it took place in 1982, what song was played, more details, etc.?

thx! One More Question!
There were days in Steve and Bruce's interview that Clive played too fast.
One day he played too slow.
Bruce was on a mattress.
The anecdote about Bruce sleeping on stage on a mattress appears frequently.
Do you know where it took place in 1982, what song was played, more details, etc.?
Ah I do rememner that interview where Bruce he says he brought a mattress to the stage, however, I must say that because of my extensive research during the making of my first book, where I gathered information from almost every single show of 1982, I have come to think that Bruce is figuratively speaking.

Now, I know that Clive and the rest of the band were all partying HARD in the US with Clive especially suffering from it, so IF the mattress thing is real it was during the US leg of the tour, however, as I said, I don't believe it really happened.

Wow! Is that a figurative expression? lol
Thanks for letting me know~!
I believe it is. Of course, I treat every commentary as a fact until I do a real research on the thing and when I can´t find a single thing it usually means that it didn´t happen. Keep your questions coming man I really enjoy answering... Also, if you can get my book it also helps :)

Back