Helloween & Gamma Ray

Re: Helloween & Gamma Ray - current poll: "Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 2" (H)

I agree, very easy.
1. Eagle Fly Free, Amazing vocals, ok solos, great "epic" feel and the ending is the coolest EVER.
2. I Want Out, it is one of the tracks that got them major exposure and it has  great solo.
3. Keeper of the Seven Keys. I LOVE this song. In fact when people ask, "what is your favorite song, ever?" I name this one. I love the story, the length, lyrics, it's just fucking awesome, not to mention "Satan screaming" lol, always found that a nice touch. Great closer.

1. March of Time (a big surprise that this was in last year's setlist!)
2. Save Us
3. I Want Out

Especially the first two contain memorable instrumental parts, but all these songs are excellent in their total form.
I Want Out is a very good melodic track, catchy from start to finish. I agree with Invader that a lot of songs are very good as well (apart from Livin' Ain't No Crime & Rise and Fall), but I think Hansen's songs are better than the rest.

ONe that I can comment on.  One of my fav all time albums.  For me the list is a little dif:

1.  Eagle Fly Free-- just good sounding, a song that I can listen to many times in a week.
2.  DR Stein-- ok, I am prob the only one, but I think it's great fun.  It reminds me of the 'STrange Island of DR Morreau' (or some New Mutant comics).
3.  Keeper of the SEven Keys-- Like Onhell, I love the story.  I like way it gets faster and then slower and faster again. 

Wasted155 said:
ONe that I can comment on.  One of my fav all time albums.  For me the list is a little dif:

1.  Eagle Fly Free-- just good sounding, a song that I can listen to many times in a week.
2.  DR Stein-- ok, I am prob the only one, but I think it's great fun.  It reminds me of the 'STrange Island of DR Morreau' (or some New Mutant comics).
3.   Keeper of the SEven Keys-- Like Onhell, I love the story.  I like way it gets faster and then slower and faster again. 

I love these three as well mate!

And: Stick around! :)

What's the deal with "Keeper of the Seven Keys"?  I hate it!

I think the songs sounds really forced, doesn't flow well, and just lacks in ideas.  It's like Weikath attempted to make an epic like Hansen, but forgot to add good riffs, lyrics, and solos.

GuineaPig said:

I think the songs sounds really forced, doesn't flow well, and just lacks in ideas.  It's like Weikath attempted to make an epic like Hansen, but forgot to add good riffs, lyrics, and solos.

I have the same opinion about Halloween lol, horrible song, forced, stupid lyrics etc. Keeper though is CLASSIC power metal good vs. evil with the seer as "mentor", based heavily on Revelations and reminiscent of Lord of the Rings... great stuff.

Forostar said:
I love these three as well mate!

And: Stick around! :)

Well, that was the only Helloween or Gamma Ray album that I had... recently, I downloaded some others, so I'll try to keep up.

Remember, you don't have to hurry. You can post your top 3's anytime.

GuineaPig said:

Onhell said:
I have the same opinion about Halloween lol, horrible song, forced, stupid lyrics etc. Keeper though is CLASSIC power metal good vs. evil with the seer as "mentor", based heavily on Revelations and reminiscent of Lord of the Rings... great stuff.

You know, just because you happen to dislike a song doesn't mean you have to flame it here, especially when others are naming it as their favourites.  It's ok if you don't like it, that's your opinion, but saying it publicly right after someone else praises it does nothing but create a bad mood.  I'll admit that I'm guilty of this too sometimes, but I try to keep it to a minimum.  It just seems pointless to me to be discussing least favourite tracks in an appreciation thread of the best songs on the albums.

I happen to like both Halloween and Keeper of the Seven Keys, by the way.  :)

Invader said:
I happen to like both Halloween and Keeper of the Seven Keys, by the way.   :)

Blasphemy!!! There can be no middle ground!  :lol:

Forostar said:
1. March of Time (a big surprise that this was in last year's setlist!)
2. Save Us
3. I Want Out

After some listenings I decided to change the order:

1. Save Us
2. March of Time
3. I Want Out

I just did it in Chronological order :)

Hmm, rather not mate. Please select your favourite songs, in order: 1, 2, 3.

Could you do all your top-3's again to make the total score as reliable as possible?

Thanks in advance.

Wasted155 said:

3.   Keeper of the SEven Keys-- Like Onhell, I love the story.  I like way it gets faster and then slower and faster again. 

Ok, in that case:
1.  Keeper of the Seven Keys
2.  Eagle Fly Free
3.  Dr Stein

1. Keeper of the Seven Keys
2. I Want Out
3. Dr Stein

Fine, here goes

1. Keeper of the Seven Keys
2. Eagle Fly Free
3. I Want Out

Thanks, also you Deano, welcome!  :)

Re: Helloween & Gamma Ray - current poll: "Majestic" (G)

1. Hell is Thy Home
2. Fight
3. Strange World

Re: Helloween & Gamma Ray - current poll: "Majestic" (G)

Yesterday I bought the new Gamma Ray DVD. I already saw a few tracks and it sounds and looks awesome!

Back