Hello, new to the forums and need help with some Nicko drum clinic dates from waaaay back

storsav

Prowler
Hello everyone, I'm a long time Maiden fan who is also a drummer and lover of Sonor drums. Recently, I purchased a Sonor Signature drum set used in Super Drumming

and on a clinic tour in 1992 (I believe the year is correct).
I'm looking for any fans who might have attended a Nicko clinic tour around the year 1992-1994. The drums are finished in a dark grey metallic called Graphite Lacquer by Sonor, the gaskets are all finished in white for a very cool effect. This one-of-a-kind drumset wasn't used on any Maiden tour dates, I think, just the drum clinics around the time of the Fear of the Dark tour. Any help or information is greatly appreciated. I'll post some better pictures when the drums are all set up. Here's some relevant pics.
Nicko Super Drummin 3.png Nicko 1992 Clinic Tour Front.JPG Nicko_1992_Clinic_Tour_FearoftheDark.JPG LIDC Instagram.png IMG_4089 (1).JPG

Hi, the tom sizes that I have are 10 x 9, 12 x 10, 13 x 11, 14 x 12, 15 x 13, 16 x 14, and 18 x 18 floor tom, 24 x 17 bass drum. Nicko would have had additional 6 x 8 and 8 x 8 toms, but these are MIA at the moment.

That is amazing! Very pretty finish, it reminds me of his Somewhere on Tour kit, which is actually the kit in the second photo you posted.

I could have sworn I've seen this kit over on the SonorMuseum Forum (http://www.sonormuseum.com/forum/), and last I saw the 8" tom was still with the set when a previous owner had it. Maybe someone there can help locate the missing drums for you.

Hi, and thanks. I think maybe the kit you're referring to is one in Impala Lacquer--very close color to my set. I love sonormuseum. I've been on there for about 12 years now. That set is now in England, and is a great one.

Hi, and thanks. I think maybe the kit you're referring to is one in Impala Lacquer--very close color to my set. I love sonormuseum. I've been on there for about 12 years now. That set is now in England, and is a great one.
Oh wow, you're right! Those finishes are very similar. I guess I always thought the kit from "Super Drumming" was the Impala kit.

I have a full list of the clinic dates in the UK from that era (rhythm of the beast video era) if you want them I can dig them out.

Hello all, would love to revive this thread. If anyone has info on clinic tour dates from the 1991-1993 era, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Hi Hal

Have been contacting you on Sonor museum. I have the dates for 1991 I went to two of these clinics and both were the Somewhere in time drum kit. In 1992 iron maiden were touring with fear of the dark. Wouldn't Have been 1993 as Nicko had left Sonor and was playing Premier Signia. And he was finishing off the 1993 real dead tour anyhow.

Have you got some pics of this kit. I always thought that the super drumming kit was square sizes.

Paul (Nickofan)

Hi Hal been doing some research. The top pic a white Sig lite with your Super drumming sizes the bottom the super drumming kit. Looks the same.

Screenshot_2018-03-14-10-33-37.png

Hi Paul, thanks for the pic. The drums I have are in the bottom—Graphite with a white gaskets. I have t had a chance to get them set up yet, but it’s coming!

Oh and by the way my name is Hale, not Hal. ;)

"life after death" and over 1.5 years after thread revive :) - Last week I purchased that same kit via eBay - same tom sizes and all...

I looked at Sonormuseum's price lists and catalogs and couldn't find a Sonor Signature with the graphite lacquer finish (and the very cool indeed white gaskets) - Did anyone by any chance find a Sonor documentation which has this finish/color available?

Is it really a custom order kit that was made especially for Nicko's clinics back then in the early 90's?
Just wondering if you have any additional info about that...

Thanks,
Tommy

Last edited:
Back