Heaven and Hell or Blizzard of Ozz?

Heaven and Hell or Blizzard of Ozz?

• Total voters
Blizzard of Ozz.

Gotta hand it to Ozzy. Going solo, he had the good sense to get himself a young gunslinger to appeal to the next generation.

Ozz also has the greatest riff of all time in the form of “Crazy Train”. :ninja:

nope-meme.jpg

On the other hand, apart from Butler of course, in what specific way is HaH better than Dio Rainbow? Sorry, but for all the hype and "greatest albuming ever" there are stellar tracks 1, 3, 4 and 6 and the other half of the album is very average - you don't need Dio with Iommi and Butler to deliver something like Lady Evil, now do you? Well, maybe Lonely Is the Word is kinda cool as well (I like it, though I like other closer more, like Over and Over or Shame on the Night).

On the other hand Blizzard gave the world Randy for real (yeah, I know, I know, but nobody really knew him before that), but bullshit like Mr Crowley gets on my nerves even more than the lyrics to H&H's title track. And that fucking intro.

Honestly, both are overrated. Both have legends that are already dead which makes people lose their shit when they talk about them. I mean, sure Dio was exceptionally excellent singer, but for all the fan drool you'd think he shat bricks of solid gold.

Sure, if you took the best songs from all 3 Dio Rainbow albums they would 100% eclipse H&H as a record. The albums themselves, however, suffer from some 70s jamminess and Blackmore's ego a little too much to be as cohesive as the Sabbath record.

I mean, sure Dio was exceptionally excellent singer, but for all the fan drool you'd think he shat bricks of solid gold.

Dio did shit bricks of gold. Those bricks tumbled down from the highest slopes to land at the foot of the silver mountain, where dragons would melt them into vinyl (and later CDs) so that others could hear of the glorious sounds that radiated from their master's golden shits.

And to think, we have only ever heard the sounds of Dio's bodily castaways. If man were capable of climbing the silver mountain, and if man could bear the presence of Dio's true form for even an instant, our heads and hearts would explode from sheer madness like so many doomed Lovecraftian protagonists.

Back