Happy birthday SMX!

Shadow

Deluxe Edition
Staff member
Happy 33rd birthday, SMX! [!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

33rd? i always figured smx'd be more like 23. anyway, happpy birthday, dude!

Happy birthday SMX !

[!--emo&:HBD:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/birthday.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'birthday.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Welcome in the 33 years old club ! As I was also told, welcome in a year of long illness: you'll spend this year repeating on and on "thirty three, thirty three, thirty three, thirty three, thirty three..." [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Heavy birthday dude !!! SMx is the man with the coolest avatar in this bb. So he deserves a lot of good wishes ! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

As a gift I give you three duckies ! [!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And since you are a very nice chap I´ll give you this [!--emo&:yey:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/luxhello[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'luxhello[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] too !

A question arrives now. From where did you get your nickname ?

Cheers !

33? You're ancient, dude! Well, maybe not but happy birthday anyways. [!--emo&:HBD:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/birthday.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'birthday.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:HBD:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/birthday.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'birthday.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[img src=\'http://pages.infinit.net/eimhp/forum/emotions/smiley1.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Thank you much for the good wishes, everyone! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

@ MigDaimon: I got my nick from the Bela Fleck tune "Sinister Minister" and added the 'X' at the end myself.

Happy Birthday SMX [!--emo&:HBD:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/birthday.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'birthday.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

and a question : In the Bible, Jesus is dying at the age of 33, but what's happening in the Book of SMX at the age of 33 ?

Next year you will see Syl.
There's always several points of view for a fact: 33 can be the age of the death of Christ, but it can also be the age of his resurrection [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The Bible relies heavily on numerical symbolism to illustrate its points. 3 is considered to be a very holy number in the Bible; the same symbolism is reflected in the assertion that the Christian God is a trinity. There is no reason to believe that Jesus literally died at age 33; the number was chosen because it represented holiness.

7 was also considered to be a holy number back then. Being just less than 7, 6 was thought to be an evil number. This is the real origin of '666' - it just means 'really freakin evil'.

As far as the Book of SMX at age 33 ... the Book of SMX is actually an arcane ancient text which I have not yet completed translating. To make matters even more confusing, it doesn't appear to be arranged in chronological order, so it's tough to tell what age 33 is supposed to bring. There are scattered references to continuing my chemistry studies, my band's first album and repainting my bedroom a slightly darker shade of green, but nothing conclusive yet. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The research I've done into the subject suggests that Jesus was born in 4 BC and executed in 31 AD. Thus, he would be between 33 and 34. Whether or not someone based this extrapolation on the Bible's account, I can't say.

Sure, he could have died at age 33; I'm just saying that in my opinion, the Bible is not a reliable piece of evidence for saying so - at least nothing in the New Testament should be trusted as having any historical truth by itself. The books of the NT were written as propaganda to entice Gentiles to join the new religion, and they hold as much 'truth' as any other advertisement. Which means that while they may occasionally contain some true facts, any truth which got in the way of the developing Christian mythology was easily dispensed with.

[!--QuoteBegin-syl+Jun 30 2004, 01:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(syl @ Jun 30 2004, 01:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] and a question : In the Bible, Jesus is dying at the age of 33, but what's happening in the Book of SMX at the age of 33 ? [/quote]
[!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] It can only mean that SMX will die this year! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

If everything that is written in the bible happened then middle earth exist.... somewhere.... beyond the sea.... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Almost forgot [!--emo&:HBD:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/birthday.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'birthday.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jun 30 2004, 10:44 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jun 30 2004, 10:44 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The Bible relies heavily on numerical symbolism to illustrate its points. 3 is considered to be a very holy number in the Bible; the same symbolism is reflected in the assertion that the Christian God is a trinity. There is no reason to believe that Jesus literally died at age 33; the number was chosen because it represented holiness.

7 was also considered to be a holy number back then. Being just less than 7, 6 was thought to be an evil number. This is the real origin of '666' - it just means 'really freakin evil'.

As far as the Book of SMX at age 33 ... the Book of SMX is actually an arcane ancient text which I have not yet completed translating. To make matters even more confusing, it doesn't appear to be arranged in chronological order, so it's tough to tell what age 33 is supposed to bring. There are scattered references to continuing my chemistry studies, my band's first album and repainting my bedroom a slightly darker shade of green, but nothing conclusive yet. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 33? I thought you were much older from the way you talk about yourself. You're a freakin' kid! As for your number sense Most of it is correct. The reason Jesus is said to have died at 33 is because when the Gregorian calendar was made it placed Jesus' birth at the year zero, then 33 years later he died. HOWEVER. the guy who made the calculations was off by 4 or 6 years. Not bad considering the times. Most scholars now agree Jesus was born in the year 4 BC making him 37, not 33 at the time of death. So sure it has holy significance but it was also part of miscalculations. As for 666.... translate Nero Caesar into aramaic, asign a number to each letter of the alphabet (a is 1 b is 2 and so on) add it up and it gives you 666. The Apocalypse was written in the second Century (aprox) which was a time of heavy persecution and well...time of Nero. Before the historians beat me to death i'm doing this from Memory hahaha, but corrections are welcomed of course [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--].

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Jul 1 2004, 12:10 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Jul 1 2004, 12:10 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] As for 666.... translate Nero Caesar into aramaic, asign a number to each letter of the alphabet (a is 1 b is 2 and so on) add it up and it gives you 666. [/quote]
Oh this sounds like a fun game...

Let's say A=101, B=102, C=103 and so on up to Z=126.
Add up 'Onhell' ... 666!

Of course there are other ways of doing the same thing:
A=50, B=51 etc ... 'LooseCannon' = 666!
A=74, B=75 etc ... 'Maverick' = 666!
A=63, B=64 etc ... 'RealWorld' = 666!
A=43, B=44 etc ... 'Battlemaniacs' = 666!
A=51, B=52 etc ... 'Blaze Bayley' = 666!
A=51, B=52 etc ... 'Adrian Smith' = 666!

The point is that you can always find some way to make any name = 666.
For example, take the Scrabble value of my real name, multiply that total by 37, and even 'Paul Armstrong' = 666.

When I was in Catholic high school, I had to write a 10-page research paper on numerical symbolism in the book of Revelations. During the course of my research, I found that most religious scholars agree with what I posted above: '666' just means 'really, really evil'. The fact that it also fit Nero's name was just a happy coincidence.

Back