Guilty pleasures

I agree with bearfan, although I was just about to post some bands. They are about the only bands where I need to be sure that my wife's not around.

Also I liked some songs by a couple of rap/dance acts in the mid-nineties (yes: mid-nineties, so I was already into Maiden then!) but since I never play that stuff anymore I'm not sure if that counts.

Okay, I'm going to throw a huge bomb here. This is a song I like a lot but don't tell anyone because it would totally ruin my reputation. :blush:

Tells a lot about your musical tastes :p. Honestly, you are brave to admit such a terrible thing. Well, I personnaly love to sing Kim Wilde's Kids in America along with my 7 year old son.
My guilty pleasures are Simon and Garfunkel (I am a huge fan :rolleyes:), and most of all second rate Metal bands : Omen's Warning of Danger is one of my favorite albums ever, along with Manilla Road's Open the Gates (if you don't know it, take a look at the sleeve : true heavy metal cliché).

I really don't have any guilty pleasures, if I like it, I embrace it. But I see what the point is and there you go:

I still like Kanye West very much.

I like 80s pop very much, especially synthpop.

I like Modern Talking hits.

I like early Eminem. Still find myself knowing all the words to some Linkin Park songs. I absolutely love some deep house and electronic stuff, like Daft Punk, Groove Armada, Caribou. There's probably some more, but yeah.

Later I'll post some stuff related to my previous post but first I need to dive into old pop music, inspired by harris and Flash.

I also like some that song Big in Japan! And you can wake me up by this Kim Wilde song, any time of the night:

But now comes the real deal. These are some Dutch songs from 1983. Try to beat these choruses! :cool:

Last edited:
I also don't believe in guilty secrets but this is the one that gets me the most mickey-taking, and not just amongst metal fans:

(This is the guy I think Steve should have got to sing on his solo album.)

This one, on the other hand, has got me a strange amount of respect in some circles:

A good song is just a good song and since the whole thing's subjective anyway, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I really liked Whenever, Wherever as a kid. That was mostly because of the music video, though. :p

Oh man. I have way too many.

A Day To Remember. It's damn catchy.

The Acacia Strain. It's really simple riffs, breakdowns, but it grooves pretty well and is a good soundtrack to a bad mood.

36 Crazyfists. More metalcore stuff. Kind of an acquired taste, but also very catchy.

I'm sure I'll remember more..

Don't think I've heard that. Rihanna has several songs I like though, plus my favorite guitarist tours with nowadays, so that pretty much makes me a fan by default.

A lot of her songs I'm not very fond of. They tend to get very repetitive and annoying to me but I've always liked Umbrella and this new one here is good.

Rihanna > Beyonce

Agreed. Beyoncé bores me to tears, never have been a fan of hers, even in the days when I listened to RnB all the time. On the other hand, I liked earlier Rihanna stuff those days. Like "Umbrella" and "Please Don't Stop the Music".

When it comes to looks, I don't care for them both. Younger Rihanna was pretty good looking, but nowadays, meh.

Back