GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Nominations closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LC, I will put together a top 25 within the next few days and send it to you. This game should be fun.

Sent, and all I can think of now are all the albums I didn't put on the list.

Just a suggestion, not sure how you intend to have people vote, but can you arrange it so people have to vote for albums they like rather than against albums. I find it depressing reading people's negative opinions. I really have no interest in reading people dismissing classic albums over some box not being ticked or point being missed, I'd much rather read people tell us why they like something.

Just a suggestion, not sure how you intend to have people vote, but can you arrange it so people have to vote for albums they like rather than against albums. I find it depressing reading people's negative opinions. I really have no interest in reading people dismissing classic albums over some box not being ticked or point being missed, I'd much rather read people tell us why they like something.
Yeah, that's the functional plan. So basically, we'll be having subsequent "rounds of 32". I may even do a "betting" thing where people are encouraged to guess which album from the round goes the furthest (like minnows in the FA Cup), and so ends up "cheering on" certain albums.

I also have no intention of telling people why to vote the way they do. Did you vote for an album because you like the drumming? Legit. Because you don't like the bassist's face? Legit. Love the music? Legit. Have a stake in the game? Also legit.

Thank you.

I am updating the rules to note we are doing studio albums. Sorry for any confusion!

Kinda figured that would be the case, although if it were allowed I would have put Alive In Athens in my list.

Maybe as a side thing, I’d be interested in some statistics on what albums/bands were most represented in these lists.

Maybe as a side thing, I’d be interested in some statistics on what albums/bands were most represented in these lists.
Yeah, I can share the Google Sheet with you if you want, just don't give anything away.

This makes me wonder why the "vote for your least favourite X" format is found in most survivors in the first place. Is there a reason we mostly have to vote for the choice we want to lose instead of the one we want to win?

This makes me wonder why the "vote for your least favourite X" format is found in most survivors in the first place. Is there a reason we mostly have to vote for the choice we want to lose instead of the one we want to win?

Well it's a survivor, that's why it's there. It's the format of the TV show.

Survivor games are a tradition started by SMX, there's no written rule that they can't be discarded, but they are part of the Maidenfans lore in a sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back