Great frontmen

How bout Geoff Tate (Queensryche)?  I haven't seen him in concert, but I do have Livecrime, and I thought he did a good job there.  Anyone seen 'Ryche live, and have an opinion?

I saw him when they opened for Heaven and Hell, he hasn't missed a beat albeit he's a tad fat lol. Really good show though.

Wasted155 said:
How bout Geoff Tate (Queensryche)?  I haven't seen him in concert, but I do have Livecrime, and I thought he did a good job there.  Anyone seen 'Ryche live, and have an opinion?

I saw them at Donington 1991, they would have been fantastic but decided to finish with Silent Lucidity which was a bit of an anti-climax (love the song but not as a set closer.) Geoff Tate was good but it seemed to be a flat crowd all day long so there wasn't much for him to feed off of.

----------------
Now playing: Deep Purple - Lazy
via FoxyTunes

Yeah, that is a poor choice to end the night on-- rather Queen of the Ryche or something like that.

I haven't seen mention of Dio-- anyone here seen him live?

170 is average, my bro is 176 and he's the shorty of the family :p, Dio has to bee in the 140s lol

I saw him fronting Rainbow,and he was brilliant.I think a great vocalist has to have charisma above vocal ability which is why I'd put Ozzy(Sabbath days) up there.The guy from Tool is pretty good too.I would also put Rob Halford up there as well as Bon Scott(rip).I also haven't seen anyone mention Ian Gillan or Robert Plant.What about King Buzzo (Melvins)not the best singer, but had a great rapport with the audience.I can probably think of loads more-what about Geddy Lee(rush).

Surprisingly, the best frontman I've seen was Max Cavalera(Sepultura)Iknow he cant sing, but he had the crowd eating out of his hand.

I have seen Geoff Tate of Queensryche live, and he is not the frontman he was on Operation Livecrime Tour. Although his singing is still one of the best, if not the best. Just watch and listen the first minute of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AirDZhvIgPo

remaining frontmen I have in my list are not metal though:

Freddie Mercury: Impossible to describe. He is "The Great Pretender"
Zack De La Rocha: He really feels what he sings. He "becomes" the anger and hatred in his lyrics. That's why he will always remain as one of the best frontmen.
Mike Patton (Faith No More): He was exceptionally talented and provocative on stage and on recordings. He is one of those guys who created their own universes.
Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey (The Who): Just as ACDC has Angus Young and Brian Johnson, The Who has two frotmen as well. and They rock even in their 60's 

eddiesson said:
Mike Patton (Faith No More): He was exceptionally talented and provocative on stage and on recordings. He is one of those guys who created their own universes.
I saw Faith No More with Patton around the time they were touring with The real Thing (an absolutely brilliant album, by the way) and I personally thought that he was far too condescending to us - the audience.

But that gig will not be forgotten by myself for what happened when the band took to the stage. The place (London's Astoria) went bananas which caused so much crowd movement that people were been thrown to the floor. The barrier between us and the stage collapsed under the weight of the surging crowd and it (the barrier) had to be propped up by one of the support bands PA equipment (Mortal Sin was this band).

The reason that nobody got seriously hurt was by the actions of the crowd. When people fell (I was one of those that found themselves literally floored), the people around you would almost circle you for protection and someone would grab your hand to yank you back up again. It was quite an amazing experience, really, to see yourself go down and then see the people around you immediately get you back up again.

The band had to leave the stage for around ten to fifteen minutes to get us lot to calm down.

Back