Great Australian Metal Bands

A

Anonymous

Ive been listening to some australian music and SHIT. They can play metal.

Heres a list of some of the better ones ive heard:
  • Ilium
  • Vanishing Point
  • Black Majesty
  • Balance of Power
  • Pathogen
If you know any other ones by all means type em.

Let's not forget Chaos Theory. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

I shall be the loser to mention...

AC/DC

I've also heard a good band named Jet. It's not really metal, more rock/hard rock, but they're good nevertheless.

[!--quoteo(post=129335:date=Feb 20 2006, 12:56 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 20 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]129335[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I've also heard a good band named Jet. It's not really metal, more rock/hard rock, but they're good nevertheless.
[/quote]
You mean, like AC/DC? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

And lets not forget some of Australia's more extreme metal bands like Disembowelment, Bestial Warlust, The Berzerker and Destroyer 666. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129335:date=Feb 20 2006, 01:56 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 20 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]129335[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I've also heard a good band named Jet. It's not really metal, more rock/hard rock, but they're good nevertheless.[/quote]
I only listened to one Jet album (I don't really know if they have more) and they sound good. Not exactly like AC, but good.
I think Rose Tattoo deserves to be mentioned here as well. They started in 1977.

[!--quoteo(post=129338:date=Feb 20 2006, 01:45 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Feb 20 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]129338[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Disembowelment
[/quote]

This is just... wrong [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130755:date=Mar 5 2006, 01:40 AM:name=Bonscott)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Bonscott @ Mar 5 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]130755[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I only listened to one Jet album (I don't really know if they have more) and they sound good. Not exactly like AC, but good.
[/quote]

I think they are a rather young band. I saw them at a big and commercial festival in Germany, so I believe they're just before their breakthrough. They really put a smile on my face.

[!--quoteo(post=129338:date=Feb 20 2006, 05:45 AM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Feb 20 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]129338[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
And lets not forget some of Australia's more extreme metal bands like Disembowelment, Bestial Warlust, The Berzerker and Destroyer 666. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Y'know, sometimes I wonder if you just make these up. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Look them up here and prove me wrong, mon amis

Oh, and Perun, Disembowelment are not a goregrind band, they were one of the pioneering death/doom metal bands of the early 90's. Relapse had re-released their only album "Transcendence Into The peripheral" fairly recently, which is great of them to do. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /] (As well as re-releasing the entire Atheist discography)

[!--quoteo(post=130852:date=Mar 5 2006, 07:16 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Mar 5 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]130852[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Look them up here and prove me wrong, mon amis[/quote]

Mes amis. Sorry. I have no right to correct other people's French [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Oh, and Perun, Disembowelment are not a goregrind band, they were one of the pioneering death/doom metal bands of the early 90's. Relapse had re-released their only album "Transcendence Into The peripheral" fairly recently, which is great of them to do. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /] (As well as re-releasing the entire Atheist discography)
[/quote]

Sounds tr00 gr1m and n3cro nevertheless [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Jet have a very cool song called "Are you gonna be my girl" I think it got big because it was on a Vodaphone commercial, but it's awesome nontheless

[!--quoteo(post=129331:date=Feb 20 2006, 10:23 AM:name=ice_deth)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ice_deth @ Feb 20 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]129331[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ive been listening to some australian music and SHIT. They can play metal.
[/quote]

Does anyone remember Mortal Sin? I have their fist two albums, and the second "Face of Despair" is absolutely brilliant.

never heard of em ARealDead1 but thats what i made this thread for.

OT- PATHOGEN at Metalstock in a few weeks.

Black Majesty
In Malcie's Wake
Voyager
Moredhel
Friar Rush
Vanishing Point
Eyefear
Lord
Crimsonfire
Pegasuz
Transcending Mortality

Aeturnus Dominion are my favourite, Dungeon, Destroyer 666, Gospell of the horns, Atomizer, The Berzerker and mytile ver lorth all deserve mentions.

Back