"Gimmie an R"

ANYONE HERE A FAN OF HELIX? THE HEAVY METAL BAND FROM KITCHENER/WATERLOO, CANADA!!!??? IF UR A FAN FINISH THE LYRIC, GIMMIE AN R....!

Let me reinforce that with an official moderator warning to not do that again.

Apology accepted :)

Anyway, I've never heard of Helix.  Do they have some online content I can peruse?

Never heard of Helix?  Wow, they are a Canadian treasure!  I'm actually not kidding too much, they had some good, solid 80's rock tunes.  Little heard of, but you can catch them on occasion on Buzzsaw.  I think they started back in the mid 70's. 

Yeah, that was what I was thinking.  I think I threw out one of their album covers in the ABC's of Rock thread... I have a buddy that is a huge fan of theirs and has a lot of their albums on vinyl.

Yeah, I on all of their albums, I have them in special album frames on my wall, along with all of the other albums I have been collecting for a few years, even though most of the albums I own belonged to my mom who was a rocker chick herself! Heres a list of Helix's albums, just incase your curious to have titles if anyone wants to check a CD of theres out one day!

Breaking Loose
White Lace and Black Leather
No Rest For The Wicked
Walkin' The Razors' Edge
Long Way To Heaven
Wild In The Streets
Over 60 Minutes With Helix
Back For Another Taste
Its a Business Doing Pleasure
Half Alive
Deep Cuts
B-Sides
When Pigs Fly (Brian Vollmers solo)
Live In Buffalo
Rockin' In My Outer Space
Never Trust Anyone Over 30
Rockin' You For 30 Years
Get Up!
The Power Of Rock and Roll
A Heavy Mental Christmas

Since you do seem to qualify as a "hardcore" fan, how would you rate the albums and/or which ones do you recommend to start out with?

Album ratings, 1 being lowest and 5 being highest! I would suggest that the majority of these albums are between 4 and 5 star ratings!

Breaking Loose-4 stars
White Lace and Black Leather-4 stars
No Rest For The Wicked-4 stars
Walkin' The Razors' Edge-4 and a half stars
Long Way To Heaven-4 and a half stars
Wild In The Streets-5 stars
Over 60 Minutes With Helix-5 stars
Back For Another Taste-3 stars
Its a Business Doing Pleasure-3 and a half stars
Half Alive-4 stars
Deep Cuts-5 stars
B-Sides-5 and a half stars
When Pigs Fly (Brian Vollmers solo)-4 and a half stars
Live In Buffalo-4 stars
Rockin' In My Outer Space-4 stars
Never Trust Anyone Over 30-3 and a half stars
Rockin' You For 30 Years-5 stars
Get Up!-5 stars
The Power Of Rock and Roll-5 stars
A Heavy Mental Christmas-3 stars

I would recommend to start off with Over 60 Minutes with Helix, because its almost like a greatest hits album, only with more songs than a normal greatest hits album, its got 21 songs on it, SCORE! Then after you get used to some of the songs on the album, I would consider looking to buy or download the Wild In The Streets or No Rest For The Wicked! They have some of the best songs! And if you checked out there website, http://www.planethelix.com/MainMenu.htm then you can play all the songs from the Discography section at the top of the homepage, and if you find their newer songs, from their two newest albums, The Power Of Rock and Roll, and A Heavy Mental Christmas (I prefer The Power Of Rock and Roll), but hey, its your choice, so make one, and let me know what you think!

Back