Ghost

Used the search tool and didn't find this band having a thread here so why not. If you're a Ghost fan and want to discuss it here, then here's your thread.

Or if you want to discover the band, look to the album Meliora.

Used the search tool and didn't find this band having a thread here so why not. If you're a Ghost fan and want to discuss it here, then here's your thread.

Or if you want to discover the band, look to the album Meliora.

One of the few more recent bands that have got me hooked. Great debut, and refreshingly raw sound. The 2nd album has better songs, but too polished production and over compression.

The 3rd album is a great blend of the first 2 albums. Despite the theatrics, Ghost are a pretty interesting band.

Even the artwork is great. I love the simple artwork of the debut....so effective!

I don't know much about them other than what I've seen from their live performances. I heard From the Pinnacle to the Pit yesterday on the radio and it sounded pretty cool

Saw them in Oslo when they warmed up for Maiden. Not my cup of tea, and weird to see a vocalist so laidback on stage. The polar opposite of Bruce Dickinson.

Yeah, I like them .. they do their own thing and have a reasonably unique sound. Good hooks in their songs as well. I did not really get into them until Meloria came out last year .. a friend suggested I give it a spin and I was hooked.

Got into Ghost after seeing them at Sonisphere in 2014, I bought Meliora when it came out last year and really loved it.

I just listened to the new song off the upcoming EP (Square Hammer), I think it's great - looking forward to hearing the rest.

In case you are looking for something for that someone special on Valentine's Day

http://shop.ghost-official.com/prod...140247865&mc_cid=6d1a94a31e&mc_eid=09f43889ae
GST_gold_dildo_2048x2048.jpg

Gotta love Kerry...I know he meant no harm in the comments, but he's always stepping in it. Always. With seemingly every rock/metal band.

This band is a great listen. I was very sceptical when I first listened to them just because of the whole theatrics business but I was very pleasantly surprised by the music. It's a very interesting sound, someone here mentioned Blue Oyster Cult and I gotta agree...mix in some early Deep Purple, the occasional Black Sabbath riff, and then something of their own and that's maybe how I'd describe the sound. Definitely a band I can get excited about and it might be interesting to see them live although from what I can tell they're more about the atmosphere and vibe than raw energy...which could work pretty well. As for their image, it amuses me that they go for the anti-Pope business when as far as I can tell it's a Swedish band with a bunch of non-Catholics in it. It's the kind of thing I'd find irritating if the music wasn't as good as it is (it's almost too easy somehow). But they're consistent with it too, both in lyrics and in instrumentation (a lot of synth that resembles church organs)...and in imagery (they have pretty sweet album covers).

As far as albums go, I've enjoyed Meliora most. Favorites off of that album: Spirit, From the Pinnacle to the Pit, He Is (catchy as hell), and Deus in Absentia.
Other songs I like are Square Hammer (again, super catchy), Ghuleh/Zombie Queen, Monstrance Clock, Genesis (instrumental!).

So yes, please more albums!

It's the kind of thing I'd find irritating if the music wasn't as good as it is (it's almost too easy somehow).
It's clearly a way to a) arrange the band around whatever session musicians are available, rather than requiring one particular group of gents/ladies to work together on albums, and b) stir up free press. But Papa is badass and I want to make a Papa Emeritus costume for Halloween.

Anybody else following the drama?
Was really hoping it was just an elaborate way to kill off Papa III before Papa IV was unveiled... but... no.
Looks like a heavy case of lead singer syndrome.
Makes you wonder if Tobias will even be able to legally use the name Ghost when the Maiden tour hits the states this Summer.

It's really the last thing the band needs especially as they have built up quite a bit of momentum with the grammy win last year, mainstream rock radio visibility, and the pending Maiden tour. Having accounting/contractual disputes this late in the game is pretty telling as to the lack of business acumen on all sides.

Back